Colin Cowherd keeps prediction that UT beats Bama

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
He seems like a guy that won't back down from a prediction...just in case he gets it right. If he does..then he was a "genius". If he doesn't, then he says "well, you can't predict these things".

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
he is just riling up the Finebaum natives. I think he knows we will win the game at this point, but he stays to boost ratings and infuriating phyllsis. He is a shock jock, and that is his job. Just think of him as the Glenn Beck of sports analyst, but most of the times he has points that many ignore and dismiss. He is Ok in my book overall

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I kind of place him with Frank DeFord - both are just story tellers. Frank still maintains we aren't a dynasty yet. If we can win NC, I'm going to email him back and ask if we're a dynasty yet. Maybe I'll wait for our common birthday, Dec. 16...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He said he "wasn't as confident" as he was six month's ago.
He's covering his butt. He knows we're going to wipe them out.
Cowherd's all right.
He's a sensationalist, but at least he admits it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A few days ago he had Alabama ranked #3 in his power poll. That doesn't align with this pick, which he initially made before Alabama killed aTm. It tells me that he doesn't want to change his earlier pick, and he enjoys stirring up fans more than being right.

None of this has anything to do with Alabama and everything to do with Cowherd being Cowherd. Don't take it personally. He doesn't care any more or less about Alabama than he does any other school out there. The only reason that he even brings up Alabama on his show is the number of people interested in your program.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He said he "wasn't as confident" as he was six month's ago.
He's covering his butt. He knows we're going to wipe them out.
Cowherd's all right.
He's a sensationalist, but at least he admits it.
he is better than skip bayless,kannell,and galloway. Atleast him and bayless have some humility when they are wrong, but I doubt either really cares if they are right or not as long as the ratings are good and ESPN pays them right.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
It's sad, but there would be no place in journalism today for the likes of Cronkite, Brinkley, Rather and Murrow. It's all just degreed Kardashians with twitter feeds...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
he is better than skip bayless,kannell,and galloway. Atleast him and bayless have some humility when they are wrong, but I doubt either really cares if they are right or not as long as the ratings are good and ESPN pays them right.
Kannel and Galloway are "Go Aways" in my book. Bayless, is controversial, and sometimes totally off base, but, as you say, he at least admits it, so he's ok in my book!
sip

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I like the talk show guys, including Cowherd. I take it for what it is and that it's entertainment. I'm not expecting any "hard hitting" news from these guys. I really like the "First Team" show on Sirius in the mornings. They don't have to cheer for Bama, it's not their job. All media is biased and that's the way it's always been, otherwise why would they endorse political candidates! It is, what it is!

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I don't think we are going to lose, but I was more worried about this game than the A&M game. It very well could be a tricky game for us. If we play normal football we win by 4 touchdowns though

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
For those of you who have not lived in Dallas.................

Skipless Bayless is an idiot going way back. He was basically run out of town, after a disparaging book he wrote about the CowBags. Some of it was really tasteless, along with obvious bravo sierra.

The rest of that crowd is just your run-of-the-mill talking head.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.