What happens if there is a three way tie in the west?

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I'll just say that I think the chance that we will need a three-way tie-breaker to determine the West is pretty slim.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Read the rule again. It is the Conference (third word in the rule) record of the cross divisional opponents. NOT the overall record.

Note that the records in the example total 16. NOT 24. Don't know how you got 25.
I haven't read the rule the first time. This was my interpretation from the thread. I'm at work and the rule reading will have to wait.

My math was all kinds of bad. I had all three teams playing Vandy and had Vandy's record at 3-10 rather than 3-9.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
IF I read it right, Ole Miss foes would be 2-14 (UT with wins at Vandy, UK) Vandy no wins
MSU foes would be 2-14 (Ky Wins at USC and Vandy) Could possibly beat UT and be 3-13 Vandy no wins
UA foes would be 5-11 (UF wins at Vandy, UT, UK and UT wins at Vandy and UK) Could be 4-12 if UK beats UT

MSU hopes would be on UK sneaking an extra win out somewhere. UA needs the form to hold for Vandy and Ole Miss is basically screwed if it gets this far unless James Franklin goes back to Nashville.

Have a feeling something else is going to shake out before we get this deep.

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
IF I read it right, Ole Miss foes would be 2-14 (UT with wins at Vandy, UK) Vandy no wins
MSU foes would be 2-14 (Ky Wins at USC and Vandy) Could possibly beat UT and be 3-13 Vandy no wins
UA foes would be 5-11 (UF wins at Vandy, UT, UK and UT wins at Vandy and UK) Could be 4-12 if UK beats UT

MSU hopes would be on UK sneaking an extra win out somewhere. UA needs the form to hold for Vandy and Ole Miss is basically screwed if it gets this far unless James Franklin goes back to Nashville.

Have a feeling something else is going to shake out before we get this deep.
In a 3 way tie all we need to be worried about is OM if States opponents and ours are tied with better records. Breaks the 3 way first then goes head to head

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
We'll know a lot more after Saturday night in Baton Rouge.
Hopefully. But even if Ole Miss pulls off the win, they get Auburn next week. And if Auburn pulls that off, we might be talking three-way tie with Auburn, MSU, and Bama.

We probably won't know much of anything until the last week of the season when the Egg and Iron Bowls are played. There will probably be some question remaining until then. But, after those games, I'll be really surprised if we have to go further than using the head-to-head tiebreaker.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
ok....this is just funny........

Yet to hear why that was funny. Why would you not explain yourself? Wallace has not thrown a pick in conference play. Ole miss comes in the game as the hunted. LSUis getting better, their youth is gaining experience. Historically, he has thrown 55 TDs and 33 picks. He is due. Don't see what is funny........OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Hopefully. But even if Ole Miss pulls off the win, they get Auburn next week. And if Auburn pulls that off, we might be talking three-way tie with Auburn, MSU, and Bama.

We probably won't know much of anything until the last week of the season when the Egg and Iron Bowls are played. There will probably be some question remaining until then. But, after those games, I'll be really surprised if we have to go further than using the head-to-head tiebreaker.
Couldn't happen - either us or AU will have 2 losses in that scenario

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.