Joe Tessitore on Finebaum Praises Alabama's Defensive Line

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Says Reggie Ragland is emerging as a star.

But the best part is the way he described The defensive front.

Tennessee's Offensive Line is going to have a real struggle against an Alabama Defensive front that is Destructive, Dangerous, Violent, and Capable.
:eek: :eek::eek:
The man really likes his adjectives. :biggrin:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I remember watching Reggie Radland in the Under Armor HS game and thinking he was the next star for Alabama. To be quite honest I am surprised it has taken him until the end of his sophomore year and now in his junior year really showing what sort of player he is. I sure hope he stays around for his senior year. If he does, he will probably be a top 5 draft pick if he continues to excel at his current rate.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I remember watching Reggie Radland in the Under Armor HS game and thinking he was the next star for Alabama. To be quite honest I am surprised it has taken him until the end of his sophomore year and now in his junior year really showing what sort of player he is. I sure hope he stays around for his senior year. If he does, he will probably be a top 5 draft pick if he continues to excel at his current rate.
CJ Mosley playing in front of him is the only reason for that. I read something yesterday where talked about being rusty at the beginning of this season because it had 3 years since played any meaningful football.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
CJ Mosley. He's not going anywhere. HE has improved a lot, but He will most likely take over Depriest's job next year because of the youth and we'll have same issues that we had this year, so having Reggie back will be huge. I've known him for years, and his best friend, which are at Murrary State, both are excellent athelete and I wouldn't be suprised to see both of them at next level in next two or three years.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Reggie Ragland reminds me of Ro McClain. I remember Ro's first Iron Bowl and seeing how he never let up in the game even though we were getting beaten. Seems like we had a thread about how his motor never stopped and he kept coming no matter what. Ragland gives me that same impression. At first, I thought he wasn't that good at covering the pass, but he seems to be doing a better job now. Someone in a thread pointed out that he was a little rusty at the first of this year because he hadn't seen any real game action in a few years. He gets better every game. His versatility is great and judging from his interception the other day, his hands are pretty good.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
for a man his size, this dude can dunk basketball very well. He can easily play wide receiver. soft hands, rarely drops ball.
Reggie Ragland reminds me of Ro McClain. I remember Ro's first Iron Bowl and seeing how he never let up in the game even though we were getting beaten. Seems like we had a thread about how his motor never stopped and he kept coming no matter what. Ragland gives me that same impression. At first, I thought he wasn't that good at covering the pass, but he seems to be doing a better job now. Someone in a thread pointed out that he was a little rusty at the first of this year because he hadn't seen any real game action in a few years. He gets better every game. His versatility is great and judging from his interception the other day, his hands are pretty good.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wish more current players and recruits would understand that immediate PT isn't always the best thing. RR, after really only playing one year, will have the choice to turn pro. He has preserved his body the past 2 years and has plenty of mileage left. He could come back next year and go even higher in the draft if he wants to. Just goes to show if you come in and work hard and learn and take advantage of opportunities that it all pays off. You don't have to start from day 1..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree. I think the fact 80 percent of players on our roster can start elsewhere speaks volumes about our program.

I wish more current players and recruits would understand that immediate PT isn't always the best thing. RR, after really only playing one year, will have the choice to turn pro. He has preserved his body the past 2 years and has plenty of mileage left. He could come back next year and go even higher in the draft if he wants to. Just goes to show if you come in and work hard and learn and take advantage of opportunities that it all pays off. You don't have to start from day 1..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.