Lane Kiffin's mother 'scared to death' for son's safety

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Seriously man..it's just football

Link here

"I'm scared to death for his safety," Robin Kiffin said. "Some people were visiting us last weekend from Tennessee and they said they better not let him on the sideline. They should put him in the press box. I want him to be in the press box."

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My concern is some crazy fan throwing a AA battery at him and taking him out. I would like to think security could handle things, but they may "turn a blind eye" since they are fans as well.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If we didn't kill Phat Phil when he came the Bama as HC, during our NCAA Sanction Years, he had a lot to do with & almost shut our Football Program down..I think Coach Kiffin will be fine..If there ever was going to be violence in our rivalry& any coaches in physical danger..That's when it would've happened..And Coach Saban has been bact to LSWho many times as our HC & their hate for him is worse than the hate the vols has for Kiffin..He'll be fine & he better be on the sideline & not mess with our routine that's worked pretty dadgum good this season with Kiffin on the sideline to help Blake make the right audibles & calm him down during games..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Tell her not to worry. Tennessee fans are very efficient at filing out of that stadium en masse when the beat down starts.

The Vol players and coaches will be the only people left wearing orange in that stadium midway through the 3rd quarter.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If we didn't kill Phat Phil when he came the Bama as HC, during our NCAA Sanction Years, he had a lot to do with & almost shut our Football Program down..I think Coach Kiffin will be fine..If there ever was going to be violence in our rivalry& any coaches in physical danger..That's when it would've happened..And Coach Saban has been back to LSWho many times as our HC & their hate for him is worse than the hate the vols has for Kiffin..He'll be fine & he better be on the sideline & not mess with our routine that's worked pretty dadgum good this season with Kiffin on the sideline to help Blake make the right audibles & calm him down during games..
You may be right. However, Tennercee may need to provide more security.

Maybe Kiffen needs to dress up as Santa Claus for the game. After all, it's
very close to Halloween. And Blake would know where to look for the next
play call.

I don't trust people with one tooth or at most two teeth.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm sure Moma Kiffin's remarks will help calm down the UT crowd. :biggrin:

I think she just called them a bunch of bloodthirsty nuts.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Yeah, that's a little much. UT fans aren't that crazy.
I wouldn't be so sure about that and I live in East Tennessee. I had several people that I work with state after we hired Kiffin that he would be attacked when we come to Knoxville.

These folks blame him for the current state of their program not Fulmer. They really hate him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I hear that if you wear a necklace of toothbrushes around your neck in Knoxville, it wards off evil spirits......maybe we can buy LK one of those.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
A tad off subject, but the NCAA and respective leagues really need to look at placing very hard fines and even sanctions to stop the rushing of the field after the game. I'm sure most of you saw the video after the Ole Miss game of the dude trying to get close to Coach and how the officers locked their arms around him to rush off the field.
They're too many nuts in this world and it is not safe for the players or coaches, and a petty $50,000 fine isn't going to stop a thing.
This IMO is where one day something very bad is going to happen and it needs to be stopped.
To those that say it's okay or a tradition, then allow the players, coaches, etc. time to get off the field and then let the nuts do whatever.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
The irony about it is that the fans who would act violently have pent-up anger from the last few seasons of irrelevance in the SEC, after Kiffin left. They just find a scapegoat in Kiffin, who coached their last winning season.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's a great point of security for both our Players & Coaching Staff when a team upsets Bama with a win & their fans go freaking nut rushing the fiels..I'm not sure as to be what can be done about that when it happens..When 70-90,000 hyped of fanatics rushing the field like that..I don't literally see what can be done about it..Cause the fines couldn't care less bout any fines they cause their school, only thing I can think of, is to build some sort of fan restraints around the football field & I have no idea if that's even possible..

You can always have the coaching staff in the press box, but, I know damn well no coach with a dang, would never their Players on the field without them being on the sidelines..To answer your question..I have no idea..Cause when close to a 100,000 crazed fanatics wants to rush the field..There's not much that can be done about..When you think about, as often as it's happened, I kinda surprised there hasn't been a really bad incident involved when it's happened in the past..
A tad off subject, but the NCAA and respective leagues really need to look at placing very hard fines and even sanctions to stop the rushing of the field after the game. I'm sure most of you saw the video after the Ole Miss game of the dude trying to get close to Coach and how the officers locked their arms around him to rush off the field.
They're too many nuts in this world and it is not safe for the players or coaches, and a petty $50,000 fine isn't going to stop a thing.
This IMO is where one day something very bad is going to happen and it needs to be stopped.
To those that say it's okay or a tradition, then allow the players, coaches, etc. time to get off the field and then let the nuts do whatever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.