stats about Bryant-Denny on a football Saturday

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I get emails with Bill Battle's weekly musings about the athletics program at the University. I don't know how many of you get them so I thought I'd share some interesting stats from this weeks installments regarding BDS on a football Saturday, it blew my mind.

Some Staggering Statistics About a Typical Bryant-Denny Stadium Game Day

As you can probably imagine, a typical football game at Bryant-Denny Stadium involves a lot of “moving parts.” We strive to serve each and every person who attends our games with the best customer care possible. The process of continually striving to attain this fundamental goal is a major undertaking. To give you a little bit of an idea, consider the following facts regarding a football Saturday at our stadium:

• Between 2 and 3 tons of recycling materials are collected at each home football game (90 percent of these materials are captured prior to kickoff);

• There are 75 concession stands in Bryant-Denny Stadium employing roughly 700 non-profit workers per game;

• An average of 10,000 gallons of fountain soda are consumed each game, along with 18,000 bottles of water;

• If all hot dogs consumed on game day were laid end to end, they would span the length of 39 football fields;

• An average of 7,000 pounds of nacho chips are consumed on game day;

• Since being re-named “The Fail Room” in 2008 (in honor of Mr. James M. Fail), the visiting team locker room has seen a 94 percent overall “failure rate” for visiting teams;

• An average of 500 gallons of paint are used to paint the field for each home game;

• The power consumed on game day at Bryant-Denny Stadium also could be used to power 700 individual homes;

• At its capacity, Bryant-Denny Stadium is larger than the fifth-largest city in Alabama;

• There is more than 75,000 square feet of club/lounge space within Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.