Link: Birmingham pays $460,000 to end police beating lawsuit

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Something tells me he won't be doing commercials for that firm where he's holding up his settlement check.

"My lawyer got me $1000, which is 0.2% of what they got for representing me. Thank the Lord lawyers are expensive, or the city might have fought us on this one."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
is this the guy who got thrown back in the pokey? i read something this morning that a dude texted his parole officer looking for weed, and i think its the same guy.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
And why is the City paying his lawyer fees if he's serving 20 years? Everyone knows when you "run" from the cops in the car, you're going to get beat. That's standard practice. Let's be honest, I'm the biggest critic there is of police brutality, but I'm typically ok if you knowingly run from the cops and you get beat by them. I think if anything, he should have had to pay for bandages, new night sticks, hospital bills, gasoline, and other various sundries that were incurred as a result of the chase and said beating. But hey, that's me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
No. He's been in prison for 4+ years serving 20.
i see. looking back at the ajc article/blog, there were two instances of stupid and the story mentioned in the thread title was the second (the weed guy was the first) and i read them as one story.

texting for weed

You don’t have to be stupid to go to prison, but it helps.
A few news articles I read today prove that maxim.
In Albany, Georgia, a man who texted “You have some weed?” to his probation officer will soon be a lot closer to drug dealers.
Alvin Cross, Jr., will spend another year in prison for violating terms of his probation and another year for having a “bag” of cocaine in his house when the probation officer he texted came knocking with drug agents and a search warrant,

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.