Not Sure If You Guys Remember Me

Action Jackson

Suspended
Jan 12, 2014
Tennessee & New York City
I am the Tennessee fan who is also a huge Kiffin fan.

My thoughts on the upcoming game: Alabama should roll. No need for a more complicated analysis. Tennessee just isn't any good on offense.

I am very bearish on Butch Jones' coaching ability. He can recruit, but that's all he does. You guys will have the decided schematic advantage as long as Nick/Kiff are in charge.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

My thoughts on the upcoming game: Alabama should roll. No need for a more complicated analysis. Tennessee just isn't any good on offense.

I am very bearish on Butch Jones' coaching ability. He can recruit, but that's all he does. You guys will have the decided schematic advantage as long as Nick/Kiff are in charge.
would you say Tennessee fans are more upset than LSU fans?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I think you're selling him short.

I mean, think of his potential starring as Sgt. Carter in the Gomer Pyle remakes...

Last edited:

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I agree with the prediction that Bama should roll. Hope it works out that way on the field. UT has come up with some big games when it was least expected, like when Kiffin wore orange to Tuscaloosa in 2009. Thank you for the discussion.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Welcome back. Let me put the rivalry aside for just a nanosecond and let me tell you SEC brother to SEC brother....you need stability. And any kind of stability will do. So maybe CBJ isn't the solution. That's OK. You need to stabilize first, and then look for the coach that can take you to the next level. Looking for 1 coach to take you straight from the cellar to the penthouse doesn't really work.

OK, I hate you again now. Roll Tide.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

I'm curious about this. Most UT fans I know have a deep hatred for the guy. Most liked him when he was 'theirs', some even admitted the liking was only tentative at best. But the timing and nature of his departure left the program reeling. (It's akin to many of our fans referring to one Coach fRan, who left us in similar fashion.)

Can you give me some insight on your thoughts on Kiffin and why you are (in your words) a huge fan?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Sorry man, I don't. I have a terrible memory for things.

Actually, I do. Classy guy. Thx for posting.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Uh...You might want to rethink that part ;)
Why? Not to get sidetracked or reopen a can of worms....but DuBose-Price was a revolving door of coaches. Shula wasn't our long term answer but he stabilized the program somewhat and stopped the bleeding when we desperately needed it. If you watch schools that lose long standing coaches, there is a very defined pattern most of the time as they look for the next long term coach. It kind of looks like:

1.We're going to be fine. Nothing will change with the new guy.
2.OK that guy didn't work out but we've got an up & coming star in the making.
3.OK Epic fail. We need somebody quick. Let's give a veteran his big shot.
4.OK Wow. The wheels have come off. Now we have attitude problems, discipline problems, etc. Let's get back to basics.
5.OK, now that we're stable let's find the right guy this time.

Just my opinion....but CBJ could be #4 for them.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I think he is saying that Bama found a coach who turned us around pretty quick so its not impossible for another school to do the same.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.