Sounds like ut QB Worley won't play...

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
A UT co-worker said to me that the goal for this game was to keep Worley healthy so they can have a chance to beat Vandy and UK, not to actually win this weekend. Looks like they might accomplish that goal.:)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Apparently he hasn't thrown a pass in practice all week, with backups Dobbs (soph they're attempting to RS) and Peterman (RS soph) taking all the snaps with the starters in practice. With tennessee's abysmal OL, this doesn't bode well for ut...

Also, apparently a flu virus has made its way through the team's freshman class, including Jalen Hurd, Jones said on 104.5. Some players lost as many as 10 pounds due to the illness, according to Jones.

I hope we absolutely dismantle them in every facet of the game. A&M continued.
I hope our guys have all had their flu shots.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
The coaches are the ones who see the players daily and they've chosen Worley all season long - that tells you something...
He came back after being injured against Georgia, I believe, and was far superior to his replacement, almost pulling out the game. Tough kid. But given that line, he's been tied to the whipping post all season.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Yah, I was there - the first half domination was spectacular.
I was there too. The pass Landon Collins intercepted and returned for a TD right before the half was a floater. IIRC, Dobbs played the entire 2nd half.

Volnation had something about Worley possibly not playing Saturday on their board yesterday but late in the afternoon word was he was still starting. I guess the coaches have thought better. Now Vol fans are worried about competing with UK and Mizzou because he may be out for a while.

I've actually been impressed with Worley's arm this year after seeing him in Tuscaloosa last year. His thumb probably was hurt. The guy had no zip on the ball. This year he's thrown some nice balls.

I wonder if there is a single player on UT's offense that could start for Alabama. And I don't think I'd trade them for any of their defensive players either.

I say we start the second team and rest the starters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.