Does Mississippi State impress you?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I will agree. Ole Miss has better talent on defense. State has a better QB. Two turnovers on your first two plays will get you beat every time. Auburn gave that game away.
State hasn't really played a game on a national stage. Every big game they played a more interesting game was on at the same time. I have only seen bits and pieces of Bully games myself.
Auburn vs MSU isn't on the national stage???

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Need to check to make sure but I believe Miss St is ranked dead last in total defense in the SEC. They must be the only team I can remember ranked number one in the country and last in defense in their own conference. That does not equal any championship at the end of the day. They will lose to Bama and Ole Miss in my opinion.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Impress: Yes
Frighten: No

We got business to take care of in Knoxville and Baton Rouge before it really will matter. I will say this though, I am really glad the game is in Tuscaloosa this year.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
We can beat State if we show up like we did against A&M, but make no mistake about it the bulldogs are a really good team. They are sound on offense, defense, special teams and coaching has been solid. They also believe they are as good as anybody in the country which makes there confidence level sky high right now. A very dangerous team in my opinion.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I'm not overly impressed with MSU. But i do feel like i owe them money for how they made the Gus Short-Bussers look a few weeks ago. If we play like we've been playing at home when they roll in, I think we run them out of the stadium. They won't stay within 21 points of us.

What a shame we blew our chances of being the first playoff champion by laying down in the 4th against a lesser Ole Miss team. Don't get me wrong, i respect Ole Miss' defense. But their offense is very average. We need them to lose twice and i just don't see that happening. And they're not going to let us in if we don't get to atlanta.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Not impressed. As is said before . State played most of their games while bigger games were on. No one really watched the games. States defense is good in the red zone and god with takeaways. Otherwise they are not very good. They are not the #1 team in country. They will drop win or lose against kentucky

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well they didn't lose to lsu in Death Valley and weren't held to 7 points either so that has to count for something unless both missisippi schools are vastly overrated.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
What a shame we blew our chances of being the first playoff champion by laying down in the 4th against a lesser Ole Miss team. Don't get me wrong, i respect Ole Miss' defense. But their offense is very average. We need them to lose twice and i just don't see that happening. And they're not going to let us in if we don't get to atlanta.
You sure about OM winning out still? ;)

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
they are undefeated. they beat LSU, auburn, and they represent the worse combo for our team. a qb that can run, pass, and physical. they also have a solid off line, running back. their primary weakness is in the secondary. until they lose, they are representing the west in the sec title game. our game, and egg bowl is all that is left for them.

they are undefeated. they beat LSU, auburn, and they represent the worse combo for our team. a qb that can run, pass, and physical. they also have a solid off line, running back. their primary weakness is in the secondary. until they lose, they are representing the west in the sec title game. our game, and egg bowl is all that is left for them.
If Kentucky knew how to wrap up!!!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Kentucky knew how to wrap up!!!
Yeah it would still be a moo state win. I think people are missing the strengths and weaknesses on their defense. Their front 7 is no joke and will stop a good running team, but their secondary is very soft. Basically the exact opposite of ole miss's defense. Kentucky has a passing team so it's really not surprising that they put up a lot yards through the air. I think if we commit to the pass we win against moo state, but trying to establish the run first could be as scary as the game with them last year

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.