Oregon vs Cal Game Thread

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
They have to hang their hat on something, they beat the arguable best Little 10 team at home. That clearly makes them contenders. That's what this playoff scenario is going to turn into, lobbyists making the case for their chosen conferences all year long. Be it because they're involved with regional coverage like this Klatt dude, or personal loyalties. This thing will never work in the long run without at least 8 teams in.
Oregon still has a couple of teams that play some defense. Stanford and Utah. Stanfords offense is pretty bad but I think the Oregon defense can fix that and the Utes have them at home.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
How many National Titles does Oregon have in the last 5 years?

The real question is how many losses would Oregon have if they played in the SEC? Do not remember them playing too well against LSU a few years back.
You also probably don't remember Oregon playing Auburn well up till the final second of the game either.... I love the SEC. That being said, Oregon didn't get up for this game, obviously.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
The problem with some of these talking heads is that they see what Oregon does to these teams like Cal, and turn into Nike PR machines. I don't think they actually realize that if a team like Alabama hit them in the mouth a few times they would wilt and start hearing footsteps everywhere. And our offense is much better than Cal's.

Your team is great but it looks to be in transition this year, and with the exception of last week's game, your defense doesn't look like it would hit us very hard in the mouth compared to prior years when your defense was lights out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
You also probably don't remember Oregon playing Auburn well up till the final second of the game either.... I love the SEC. That being said, Oregon didn't get up for this game, obviously.
Do you realize that was the worst defense for a SEC champion other maybe last year's Auburn team?

Your team is great but it looks to be in transition this year, and with the exception of last week's game, your defense doesn't look like it would hit us very hard in the mouth compared to prior years when your defense was lights out.

Might want to go check the stats there, pal. Still a top 10 defense in pretty much every category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
You know that Zeroregon has beat up on some overmatched Pac-12 or BIG team when Blitzkrieg shows back up.

So did Kentucky, MSU, Clemson and Bama that year. That 2010 Auburn team won 7 games by 7 points or less that year, and 5 of them were by 3 points or less. They were not a dominant team that year.

The funniest thing about this is post is that you say Oregon didn't get up for that game. -lol That was your first NC game ever, and your team didn't get up for it??? O.........K.........

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...The funniest thing about this is post is that you say Oregon didn't get up for that game. -lol That was your first NC game ever, and your team didn't get up for it??? O.........K.........
Seriously?

It's very obvious that he was talking about last night's game with that comment.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Teams like Oregon, Texas A&M, etc. do not win championships because they don't play defense. All that flashy offense is fun to watch for some, but there are games when they are not in rhythm and that's when they get beat. Until they learn to play defense don't expect any championships......

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
They have to hang their hat on something, they beat the arguable best Little 10 team at home. That clearly makes them contenders. That's what this playoff scenario is going to turn into, lobbyists making the case for their chosen conferences all year long. Be it because they're involved with regional coverage like this Klatt dude, or personal loyalties. This thing will never work in the long run without at least 8 teams in.
Won't work at all then. NCAA rule mandates that they administer all playoffs involving 8 or more teams.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Answering this cause I know you will be back.
Playing for and winning a national title are not the same .
Also, before Saturday, Bama's defense is only #1 in total defense , but you are right, they are slipping. Everyone thinks Bama's defense isn't as good this year . Turns out the game everyone judged Bama on, Wvu , Bama defended them better than anyone this year by far . WVU didn't score an offensive TD after early 2nd . This perception that the Bama D isn't strong is coming from the talking heads wanting, hoping Nick's dynasty is over. Oh , BTW, according to Phil Steele they were ranked before the season as 107 of 128 in terms of experience, so they are only getting better as this team is young.
For some reason, Bama doesn't get a pass this year for losing their most versatile offensive weapon, most critical offensive lineman and most dynamic defensive player. , like Oregon does for losing their right tackle.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.