****Bama vs. UT - Postgame Thread****

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
High ankle sprains are not like regular sprained ankles unfortunately. It's actually a tear of the interosseous membrane between the tibia and fibula or the syndesmotic ligaments that connect the tibia and fibula. It will keep you from 100% for several weeks to months. We'll be lucky to have Cam back not quite at 100% by Mississippi State, if then.
Hopefully by the AUBarn game.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Is it okay for the home team PA to announce down and distance while the visitors are lined up to snap the ball ? I thought no artificial noise once the huddle breaks.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
On one site several UT posters were calling it a 20-7 UT victory only counting the time that Dobbs was in.
Doesn't matter that the score was 13-0 when Dobbs entered the game, meaning we outscored them 21-20 with Dobbs at QB. :biggrin2:

UT fans have never been too good at statistical accuracy.

Last edited:

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
When a program or coaching staff starts taking solace in moral victories, it has truly lost its way. We know that from the Franchoine and Shula days.

Dobbs played very well last year against an already unfocused Alabama team as well - they thought they had found their QB after that game too. He then proceeded to throw 5 interceptions in 3 consecutive losses to Missouri, Auburn & Vandy.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have never cared for moral victories. One year when I lived in Knoxville, we struggled to beat MTSU and people at work razzed me over it. The next week we lost a close game to Oklahoma. On Monday someone said he thought we played much better on that game.

I know he was being nice, but I said it was not better because we lost.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
On one site several UT posters were calling it a 20-7 UT victory only counting the time that Dobbs was in.
That's incredibly sad reasoning lol do they not think that our guys would've prepared differently had that kid been in the whole time? very sad for the ugly orange lol

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've gone back and watched the first PAT over and over. Whoever said above that the holder got the ball straight was correct. It appears to me, compared to the later, successful PATs, the holder was slow getting his right hand off the ball. I believe that messed up AG's motion. When he connected, his motion was very abnormal. It looked like he was trying to steer the ball - like he meant to kick left. I welcome other opinions. If you have it recorded, it's just a couple of minutes into the game...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hate that fumble for Jalston. Was set to carry defenders into the endzone.
He was not carrying the ball properly. There's an excellent pic of the strip on another site, taken at the exact time the UT defender has his hand on the ball. JF was not carrying it high and tight...

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
He was not carrying the ball properly. There's an excellent pic of the strip on another site, taken at the exact time the UT defender has his hand on the ball. JF was not carrying it high and tight...
Yeah, no doubt whose fault it was. Still a shame though.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think Georgia will be a handful for anyone in the SECCG
they are just like many georgia teams of the past. they look strong against mediocre competition, but their defense is less than stellar when they get challenged and their offense is vanilla. i still think they lose one or two of the uf, barn and kentucky games

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban told Eli after the game the defense was not able to run the scheme they practiced all week. With the belief Worley was going to play, the defense planned to play 2 safeties high and man coverage. He said they couldn't do that with Dobbs being able to run.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Saban told Eli after the game the defense was not able to run the scheme they practiced all week. With the belief Worley was going to play, the defense planned to play 2 safeties high and man coverage. He said they couldn't do that with Dobbs being able to run.
I think it was obvious that all we needed to was adjust to Dobbs.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I think it was obvious that all we needed to was adjust to Dobbs.
Dobbs played well, Landon missed a series or two, DePriest missed a tackle that led to Dobbs' best run and they had two really great catches.

I don't think the issues we had against UT are chronic per se, I think the team was caught by a new QB the team hadn't figured would play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.