****Bama vs. UT - Postgame Thread****

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Good observation. Love this.
Alabama let the game get away from them a bit, but really they controlled the start and the end. That fumble near the goal line hurt a lot, as did the turnover well into Alabama's territory. But, that one fumble aside it should have been 41-20 and cleared the spread.

I'd give Alabama a B. Fantastic start, relaxed too much and then tightened things up again. Alabama still had almost 100 more yards than Tennessee had, you go on the road against a rival and do that, it's not too bad.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
There were some things that went well and there are some things to work on. Most importantly we won, Ole Miss lost and our team still has everything to play for.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's an excellent point as well..Blake may have the green light to take off & run with it..And just tries to hard to prove his doubters wrong, that he can't win with his arm, and doesn't run with the ball when he has a chance too....
I'm not sure he isn't. A lot of the poor decisions CNS refers to are when BS doesn't run and is trying to make a play that isn't there. Almost anytime coach refers to "taking what the defense gives you" that is what he's talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Dobbs is real deal. I'm not sure why he's not playing the last two years.. or why is he behind peterman and worley. It shows you that sometime coaches isn't good at evaluating talents... Coach Saban can be this way sometime.
I was saying the same thing in the game thread. I don't understand why you try to red shirt your best QB.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Look on bright side, we got off to fast start on the road... so the offense was lot better than last time on the road. If I were Saban, I would hold practice facility at Legion field everyday for a week, to get player's mindset to adjust.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
There were some things that went well and there are some things to work on. Most importantly we won, Ole Miss lost and our team still has everything to play for.
Absolutely correct, winning ugly is still winning!!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I do wish Coach Saban would take the harness of Blake & allow him to take off more running the ball..When he does that, it opens up our playbook, in ways we've never had to luxury to do at Bama & makes us as explosive as any offense in the country..Let Blake run with the ball more Coach pleaseeeeee..
I've seen you allude to what Coach Saban is doing in terms of the playing calling more than once, yet you seem to have no inside knowledge from what I can tell (the last time I questioned you on this, if you explained the basis of your assumptions I missed it). You can think you know what Saban is doing, and think that would change things, but how do you know for sure?

Well, I've seen Lane Kiffin quoted as saying Nick Saban lets him run what he wants to. I'm just not sure there's blame to be assigned here, at least without knowing who is deciding what and why. For instance, we still don't know for sure whether or not Sims shoulder is still bothering him.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Dobbs is real deal. I'm not sure why he's not playing the last two years.. or why is he behind peterman and worley. It shows you that sometime coaches isn't good at evaluating talents... Coach Saban can be this way sometime.
Pretty sure he got hurt. He was going to RS this year as a soph. He's got a huge upside and you can tell he's put on 30 pounds of muscle.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I loved it. It was frustrating, but living here will be made easier because of the win. I thought the Dobbs kid played well against us last year too. He is just elusive. Hopefully Cam will get healthy quick because LSU is starting to get much better. We are where we need to be and everybody, including us is proving to be beatable. We just punched them in the mouth so quick and just couldn't maintain. If that start would have been in Tuscaloosa, we would have hung at least 60 on them.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Hope we can heal up. It was left on the field tonight. Their QB play likely surprised us. That was probably the best first game performance of a QB I have witnessed.
This wasn't Dobbs' first game. He played a good bit last year and attempted 121 passes.
I don't know why the announcers tried to act like he was so green. The may have been his first game action this year, but he has plenty of game experience.

He tends to look really good against Alabama because he tends to come in after Alabama has already relaxed. He might end up being really good, but the Alabama game isn't going to be the prime indicator.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Dobbs brought a different dimension to UT than we expected. We have seen in the past that our Defense relies heavily on preparation, when major changes happen like this it's tough to adjust on the fly. I think Dobbs also got a few lucky breaks in the 2nd and 3rd but the cart turned back into a pumpkin in the 4th. Too bad for Fowler, score would have looked a lot better had he finished strong. Still love the guy though.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Dude..I never claim to have inside knowledge, it's a message board, and we give our opinions, and if you don't like mine, skip over it & carry on..
I've seen you allude to what Coach Saban is doing in terms of the playing calling more than once, yet you seem to have no inside knowledge from what I can tell (the last time I questioned you on this, if you explained the basis of your assumptions I missed it). You can think you know what Saban is doing, and think that would change things, but how do you know for sure?

Well, I've seen Lane Kiffin quoted as saying Nick Saban lets him run what he wants to. I'm just not sure there's blame to be assigned here, at least without knowing who is deciding what and why. For instance, we still don't know for sure whether or not Sims shoulder is still bothering him.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I bet of all the stats losing the ball twice is bad but the 50 yards of penalties is the most disappointing to the staff. Still a good win. Liked the way the OL reasserted themselves in the 4th.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Just glad we have a bye. Too many dings and bruises.

On a side note, the ut defense ain't bad and Dobbs is way better than worley
Well said Ut is going to make this a dogfight the next couple of years they have some young talent as does Bama.We need to tighten up that run d again in Baton Rouge Flournette as we all knew is the real deal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.