The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- first quarter, Amari Cooper, and Blake Sims

The Bad- Communications problems persist, penalties, and confusion

The Ugly- Injuries and all that dag blang orange!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Good- Cooper 224 yards 2 TDs
Bad: injuries
Ugly: Dual threat QB gave us problems again. It's not the HUNH its athletic QBs that give us fits.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Good: kiffin,sims,coop and most of the offensive side of the ball.

Bad:penalties and the uncertainty that lingers til Thursday

Ugly: our defensive execution.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
The Good:
-We scored 86 unanswered points in two games before UT scored a point. That's impressive by any standards.
- Cooper and his consistently dominant season. He will be a very rich man in about 6 months.
- Blake Sims and his poise to take us on a TD drive right as UT was gaining momentum. It silenced the crowd, and deflated the team. Had they stopped us on that drive and scored again, we might have lost.

The Bad:
- More procedural penalties and turnovers. It's so uncharacteristic of Saban coached teams, but there's no one player or group it can be blamed on. It's everyone, even our experienced leaders.
- Late 2nd through early 3rd quarter play calling. We stopped running the ball, and we threw a lot of low percentage passes. We try and mix things up too much, when it seems to be the simple things that make us most successful.

The Ugly:
- Injuries. We seem to be as snake bit this year as UGA was last year.
- The UT DJ and his music selection. Turn Down For What is catchy the first couple of times, buy after the 75th time it makes me want to watch the game with cotton in my ears.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The Good:
-We scored 86 unanswered points in two games before UT scored a point. That's impressive by any standards.
- Cooper and his consistently dominant season. He will be a very rich man in about 6 months.
- Blake Sims and his poise to take us on a TD drive right as UT was gaining momentum. It silenced the crowd, and deflated the team. Had they stopped us on that drive and scored again, we might have lost.

The Bad:
- More procedural penalties and turnovers. It's so uncharacteristic of Saban coached teams, but there's no one player or group it can be blamed on. It's everyone, even our experienced leaders.
- Late 2nd through early 3rd quarter play calling. We stopped running the ball, and we threw a lot of low percentage passes. We try and mix things up too much, when it seems to be the simple things that make us most successful.

The Ugly:
- Injuries. We seem to be as snake bit this year as UGA was last year.
- The UT DJ and his music selection. Turn Down For What is catchy the first couple of times, buy after the 75th time it makes me want to watch the game with cotton in my ears.
I'll just ditto your list this week. I especially agree about your second point in the bad category.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good- Cooper 224 yards 2 TDs
Bad: injuries
Ugly: Dual threat QB gave us problems again. It's not the HUNH its athletic QBs that give us fits.
I would point out that we had absolutely no "book" on Dobbs. They were running plays that Worley just can't run. That's tough to defend. Our DL and LB corps was biting time after time on the play where Dobbs would fake one or even two handoffs and then run it straight up the middle with sort of a semi-draw delay. And the kid is pretty good - fast and shifty. Even the UT fans were saying that it was obvious we'd practiced stopping Worley or Peterman, who's pretty similar...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I would point out that we had absolutely no "book" on Dobbs. They were running plays that Worley just can't run. That's tough to defend. Our DL and LB corps was biting time after time on the play where Dobbs would fake one or even two handoffs and then run it straight up the middle with sort of a semi-draw delay. And the kid is pretty good - fast and shifty. Even the UT fans were saying that it was obvious we'd practiced stopping Worley or Peterman, who's pretty similar...
I'll chalk it up to early practice for Nick Marshall. And then I'll say...we need more practice :)

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
good: another win
bad: no answer for qb run up the middle. we seem to be in a two linebacker set with no one close to the middle of the line. we were spread thin against the pass, and wide runs.
ugly: going to LSU without cam playing.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
The good was Cooper and his sticky hands and effortless runs.
The bad was letting the time clock run out while trying to kill the clock.
The ugly had to be that wildcat play in the second half. Ii think we lost 7 yards on it.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
The Good: The first quarter, Cooper is stupid good, Blake Sims.

The Bad: Passing the ball every first down, Lane's disinterest in establishing and maintaining the run game, playcalling on the "wildcat" series (some of the most unnecessarily cute and over-thought I've ever seen), our defense struggling to get the call and get set as the offense rushes to the LOS.

The Ugly: Bo Wallace. Welcome back son. We sure missed the heck outta ya.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.