JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Tennessee wrap-up: Sims’ statement drive ices game for Crimson Tide
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 26th, 2014 12:36 AM

. By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Oct. 26, 2014 While Ole Miss was blinking in the spotlight – a function of not having been in the spotlight in 40-plus years – Alabama proved against Tennessee that the bigger the moment gets, the bigger the Crimson Tide usually plays. It won’t go down as the signature […]

Read More Here

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Very informative, and right on target as always. Teams with dual-threat QB continue to give us trouble.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The last time I made a comment about running QBs giving us problems I was told by more than one poster we did not have problems with running or read option QBs. Guess I didn't really see Dobbs gashing us last night. Prescott and Marshall could have a field day against our defense.

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
Very good write up. I completely agree.
Ball control has to improve; without the two 4th quarter fumbles I don't think we would have sweated any at the end.
Good job, Jess, and thanks.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Another precise review by Jess. Just think where this team would be without the mistakes (fumbles and defensive zone reads). We are so close to being there. With the exception of the A&M game, we seem to have that habit of playing to the level of the competition, nothing more, nothing less.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
The last time I made a comment about running QBs giving us problems I was told by more than one poster we did not have problems with running or read option QBs. Guess I didn't really see Dobbs gashing us last night. Prescott and Marshall could have a field day against our defense.
I could be just imagining but even though we have trouble with mobile QB's, it seems like our own mobile QB is giving everyone fits. As far as ball security, I just closed my eyes when I saw Fowler scampering to the goal line with the ball in one hand below his waist,

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Only one score against Tenn in the entire second half, nothing in the 4th qtr, was a little bothering. Maybe we were just trying to protect our guys from more injury considering the gauntlet we will be facing the next month. :conf2:

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Well if you think about it we only had 4 real drives in the 2nd half. We got the ball to start the half and punted after 1 first down. The 2nd was our long clock chewing TD drive. The 3rd was the Henry fumble. And the 4th where we ran out the clock and should've scored on Nudies fumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Good take on Sims. I do expect Bama will see more zone the rest of the way. Miss & Arky zoned Sims, and UT went mostly zone midway thru 2nd qtr...in all cases his production went down against the zone.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
It was a team statement drive. I like Blake and he does have great numbers but he has much to improve on the game management side. If he had that down he'd be the best player in the nation hands down.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
After our teams early explosion on offense and 27-0 lead, it looked to me as the players relaxed and started celebrating way to early. The one thing I have to compliment Tennessee and coach Jones on is their never giving up, quitting performance! Unlike Texas A&M, Tennessee did not quit when we got up big early. That bodes well fro them as Jess alluded to.

Every game is a different team, not just the opponents but our own it seems. Consistency I am sure is what coach is preaching but if you look around the college football landscape, there are very few who display that quality. With the talent on this team, if they could ever show consistency then they will be hard to beat if not impossible. But LSU after a week off worries me! Hopefully we can get well as possible with the off week! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I think we relaxed with the big lead, and thought with the change of qbs would be their submission moment. instead, dobbs gave up his redshirt, and punished our top rated defense with his ability to run, and throw short passes. we did not get any pressure on him from outside the tackles. he ran and passed to the right side of the field consistenly. many 3d down plays with over 6 yards needed. I remember most of the second half, we had only two linebackers between the ends. how many yards did he get up the gut. no one there. the good news LSU will be the type of offense we can defend against. the bad news is we play them at LSU. they now have confidence, and we need to control them the whole game.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I'm glad Jess mentioned the artificial noise crap. That PA announcer was just wrong to be talking while we called signals.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.