ER Doctor - What scares me more than Ebola

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Friday, they threatened me with a catheter if I couldn't "find" 650cc more in my bladder to empty into the container by midnight. I was ready to force Mrs. VJ to contribute some if I ran short. I whizzed 750cc into it and had that puppy on the counter, displayed like The Stanley Cup for all them to see. I love hospitals. :)
I'm having jaw surgery in 2 weeks. The only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is the near certainty of having to have a catheter.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm having jaw surgery in 2 weeks. The only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is the near certainty of having to have a catheter.

A cousin of mine had bad kidney stones, and had to undergo removal via catheter. When I asked him if it hurt, he said, "well, it felt like they used 1" PVC for a catheter, then reached in with their fist to get the stones".

:cool: Good luck.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They used to bother me greatly. Without TMI, the urologist said that I was more "nerve rich" than average in that area. I underwent a microwave procedure to alleviate BPH about eight years ago, and one of the side effects was to denervate the urethra to some degree, so it's no longer agony as it used to be...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
They used to bother me greatly. Without TMI, the urologist said that I was more "nerve rich" than average in that area. I underwent a microwave procedure to alleviate BPH about eight years ago, and one of the side effects was to denervate the urethra to some degree, so it's no longer agony as it used to be...
I'm just hoping it goes in once I'm under and that I get someone gentle and caring when it's time for removal. My wife didn't think that it was as funny as I did when I quipped, "I want someone with a slow hand, I want someone with an easy touch...."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.