Link: Coaches & AP Polls out - Bama @ #3 in both...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Coaches Poll out

It's not who you lose to, it's when you lose to them....
I agree. Will be interesting to see what the committee thinks. There has to be a penalty for losing. I would think most people would say we are playing better football right now than OM also..

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

No love for the Gators?

Seriously - congrats to the Crimson Tide....back up to where they belong.

Still a lot of football left to play...wow what a season so far!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Some coach left Miss State completely off the ballot. Wow. Don't think they are #1, but left off is crazy. If they aren't #1, I wouldn't know who is though. They are the most deserving at this point.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Some coach left Miss State completely off the ballot. Wow. Don't think they are #1, but left off is crazy. If they aren't #1, I wouldn't know who is though. They are the most deserving at this point.
That's some serious politics (or stupidity) right there. I would not spend much time arguing with anyone who says Mississippi State isn't the top team in the country, especially needing an on-sides kick recovery to make sure they beat Kentucky. But not in the Top 25? Ridiculous.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

That's some serious politics (or stupidity) right there. I would not spend much time arguing with anyone who says Mississippi State isn't the top team in the country, especially needing an on-sides kick recovery to make sure they beat Kentucky. But not in the Top 25? Ridiculous.
I agree. At the end of the day, FSU and MSU are the only two teams in the country that you can choose from being number 1 (unless you put a 1 loss team higher than them, which is crazy), and MSU's resume is far and away better than FSU's.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Perhaps he is a defensive minded coach and doesn't think a team ranked #91 in Total Defense deserves to be ranked. I don't go that far but I don't think that team deserves to be #1.

91Mississippi St.77-05533,0775.561718439.6

Last edited:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

To those who find it odd that we are ranked above OM, take into consideration that they lost to a low ranked 2 loss LSU team, where we lost to a highly ranked undefeated team. I guess you could also make the argument that we lost to the team that lost to that low ranked LSU team, but I'd have to lecture you about using logic against Alabama on an Alabama forum. :biggrin2:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't think it's odd that Ole miss is six spots behind us. In fact I think it is correct because while they lost, the game was not a blowout and it was close. They lost on the road.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

We may have a tougher path through the SEC championship selection rules than through the national championship selection committee. Still, the very first thing is we have to win out, that will put us ahead of the current #1 and it should all work out.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I think a lot of people saw us go up 27-0 and stopped watching. They probably saw the final score and thought we just let up some. Not sure we are the #3 team right now but I'll take it..

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Perhaps he is a defensive minded coach and doesn't think a team ranked #91 in Total Defense deserves to be ranked. I don't go that far but I don't think that team deserves to be #1.
]
Ok , I agree they aren't the best team right now. But if not them , who? Florida State's stats are pedestrian on offense and defense. Bama with a loss? Auburn? They have a good resume. But look very beatable.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.