The Barn vs. The Rebels: Who you pulling for?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Outside of auburn only Arkansas really has a shot at ole miss other than moo state. So our situation really hinges on those three teams and us doing our part. Possible but It's going to be nerve racking if the boogs don't do it, and miserable living with them if they do

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
We have no choice but to pull for Auburn in this game. Ole Miss needs to go down next weekend--this will be the best chance. Do not think Miss State will win at Oxford at the end of the season. Last time Miss State played at Oxford they were blown out--home field will be huge in this years Egg Bowl. If Ole Miss can be beat at home the Auburn game would be the game for it to happen. Why--Not sure Ole Miss will completely recover from the devastating physical loss to LSU. This may be a case of 1 loss becoming 2.

If so it is a blessing for Bama and a chance to get to Atlanta and ensure a spot in the first ever play-off.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Really sucks, but I gotta hope and cheer that the Rebs lose this one. Whatever benefits the tide. The fact that the Egg Bowl is in Oxford scares me, so gotta have the Barn pull this one out, or I get afraid.

I'm starting to feel however, that if we hold out our end of the bargain and win out, we can get there anyways. If Alabama is in the top 4 come Tuesday, then I'll feel pretty confident in that.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
If Ole Miss looses , I wonder if we will see another crying girl video, but this time she hates Auburn, because Ole Miss is her life!

Gotta hope the barn wins.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I won't know who to pull for until the committee releases their standings.

If Alabama is in the top 5 when the first ranking comes out, I don't think anything short of an Alabama loss keeps them out no matter what. Also, considering Alabama's insanely high SoS and high poll ranking, it would be extremely hard for the committee to justify ranking them lower than that.

The easiest path, by far would be to avoid the SECCG altogether. One more week to heal up, one more chance to lose avoided. So, if Alabama has a clear path without it, I'll be pulling for Ole Miss the whole way. I'm not worried about a team catching Alabama from behind, not with the games they have coming up.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
They both stink, their fans stink, and seems they both cheat pretty good and dont pay the price or get off on technicalities. Plus Allbarn is closer to the State of Alabama being located in Georgia and all, but near Alabama!

With all that said, I only care about Bama and how things work out for Bama......

So if Allbarn has to win a game I hope it is against Ole ...., and then I can once again go back to not thinking about those 2 lousy programs.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

If Alabama is in the top 5 when the first ranking comes out, I don't think anything short of an Alabama loss keeps them out no matter what. Also, considering Alabama's insanely high SoS and high poll ranking, it would be extremely hard for the committee to justify ranking them lower than that.

The easiest path, by far would be to avoid the SECCG altogether. One more week to heal up, one more chance to lose avoided. So, if Alabama has a clear path without it, I'll be pulling for Ole Miss the whole way. I'm not worried about a team catching Alabama from behind, not with the games they have coming up.
^^^This. But if by chance the committee has us ranked 6th or 7th (IMO unlikely)...

Cannot pull for the barn. Just can't. Here's my preferred scenario.....
Bama wins out.
Rebs beat the barn.
Dogs beat the Rebs.
I agree that that's the preferred scenario, but then we live or die by the Egg Bowl alone. I'd much rather have the barn take care of business now, so that it doesn't come down to Ole Miss defending their home field against their most hated rival. Miss is probably reeling coming out of the LSU loss. This is a great chance for the barn to catch them off balance. Classic case of one loss turning into two.

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010

Agree 100% on this... If we win out even not playing in the sec champ game...we are in.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Ole Miss needs one more loss, I prefer they get it sooner than later. So, if auburn can give them the second one, terrific. OTOH, even if someone other than auburn beats ole miss, if we don't take care of the tigers when we play them, the number of losses ole miss has will not matter.
Me too, get the 2nd loss as soon as possible

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I can't help but remember what people like this did to Michigan when they entered the conference championship weekend ranked #2 in the human polls and in the BCS. The computers had Michigan a solid #2 after the championship games were played, but the human polls lowered them in the standings after their week off and they were left out.

An SEC loss by Ole Miss is the only way that Alabama's destiny remains completely in your hands.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
They both play Arena Football gimmicky garbage on offense....they both deserve to lose.

Ole Miss does play Defense though, and I'm afraid Auburn gets beaten fairly handily....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I can't help but remember what people like this did to Michigan when they entered the conference championship weekend ranked #2 in the human polls and in the BCS. The computers had Michigan a solid #2 after the championship games were played, but the human polls lowered them in the standings after their week off and they were left out.

An SEC loss by Ole Miss is the only way that Alabama's destiny remains completely in your hands.
Michigan was #2 in a BCS Poll?

Where the heck was I? Had to be the last few Shula years where Sportscenter was banned in my house. Only games i watched we're Bama games (with barf bags standing by)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.