The Barn vs. The Rebels: Who you pulling for?

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
If Ole Miss loses to auburn it puts Alabama's destiny squarely into Alabama's hands. However, it keeps auburn's hopes for an SEC championship alive also. I would prefer to see auburn deflated sooner rather than later. Alabama had a clear path to Atlanta last season and the last minute miracle against UGA gave auburn new hope. I would rather they come into Bryant-Denny like hang dog daddy than to be flying on hopes of winning the SEC. I just can't hope for auburn to win...ever.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Gonna have to root for the Barn(dangit, just bit my tongue) because the sooner OM gets that second loss, the better I'll feel. The barn still has GA and us to contend with.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I just can not pull for the barn even if it does help us out, yes I hate them that much. I think ole sis wins the game anyway, the barn has no defense and their offense is not going to hang nowhere near 40 points on the rebs defense. The rebs are going to be a ill bunch and I think the barn pays for it.
This is where I am, can't bring myself to do it.

Going to Atlanta and winning SECCG is and should always be a goal, but the reality is, at this point, Bama might have just as good a chance to make the national playoff by winning out and Ole Miss winning out, then sitting at home for SECCG while Ole Miss and UGA slug it out for one spot in the title game. Bama would likely get an invite to playoffs in that scenario.

At least that’s the logic I’m using to rationalize not pulling for auburn.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Neither. Best thing about this game is that one of them loses. If Bama doesn't go anywhere, it is Bama's own fault for not taking care of business.

When you play not to lose and get behind, then you don't know how to play to win. Stupid to lose the Ole Miss game!

Last edited:

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA
Wow. I really don't get it. How many times have we heard "The Barn cares more about us losing than themselves winning". To me that is just plain stupidity that I cannot comprehend. That means you hate your rival MORE than you love your team. Although I usually pull against the Barn, I will ALWAYS pull for them to win, if it helps Bama. As much as I hate several teams, my love for Crimson is MUCH deeper than my hate of ANY other team. If Auburn winning means we are in a better position, then HECK YA, I will be happy to say "WAR EAGLE", and then wash down several glasses of water to get that bad taste out of my mouth.
My love of Crimson comes MUCH deeper than ANY other team's situation. PERIOD!!! And I just cannot comprehend ANY Tide fan pulling against anything that helps us.
Well, everyone is different--just because YOU can't see it doesn't mean everyone else is wrong OR not as good a fan as you......Pure arrogance on your part...Just MY opinion. LOL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Pull for the Barn. UGA should eliminate Auburn before the Iron Bowl anyway.

I think it will be hilarious if everyone wakes up on November 16th and we're BACK to "the Iron Bowl is the most important game in college football this year" after an entire month of "the Egg Bowl is where the SEC champion will be determined."

I mean to me - that would be comical. Tix to the Egg Bowl went up overnight from $75 to over $300 on StubHub. It would be high comedy to see the meltdown.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Bama wins out, FSU wins out, Ole Miss wins out, Bama should still be number 2 or 3. So Ole Miss goes to the SECCG. Does the Committee look at the losses, and how they lose, as well as how they win? Would they consider that at the end of the Bama/Ole Miss game, Bama had moved down the field and was in position to score, and due to butterfingers and an unfortunate deflection and interception, came up short of the winning score? Would they really discount Bama from the final four? Would they consider that Bama had to beat LSU, MSU, and the barn to finish the season? These things will be answered in the next episode of 'Soap'.

Roll Tide!
P.S. I'm sorry, I just can't find it in my heart to pull for the barn. And if the barn wins it gives them the opportunity to continue their quest for another NC...Go Rebs!

Go For 16

Jan 11, 2014
I'm 65 and never thought that I would pull for Notre Dame and Awbun and now I've done both in the same year. I may ban myself.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
This is where I am, can't bring myself to do it.

Going to Atlanta and winning SECCG is and should always be a goal, but the reality is, at this point, Bama might have just as good a chance to make the national playoff by winning out and Ole Miss winning out, then sitting at home for SECCG while Ole Miss and UGA slug it out for one spot in the title game. Bama would likely get an invite to playoffs in that scenario.

At least that’s the logic I’m using to rationalize not pulling for auburn.
4 teams can go to the big dance. (#1) Fl. St. will go, (#2) If ND gets by USC they will go, (#3) the winner of the SECCG will go and (#4) probably Oregon will go. The SECCG will be between Ga. and the winner of the west. If Bama has a chance of making the SECCG then Ol Miss has to lose one more and Bama has to win the rest of them. State needs 2 losses (Bama and Ol Miss).

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Bama wins out, FSU wins out, Ole Miss wins out, Bama should still be number 2 or 3. So Ole Miss goes to the SECCG. Does the Committee look at the losses, and how they lose, as well as how they win? Would they consider that at the end of the Bama/Ole Miss game, Bama had moved down the field and was in position to score, and due to butterfingers and an unfortunate deflection and interception, came up short of the winning score? Would they really discount Bama from the final four? Would they consider that Bama had to beat LSU, MSU, and the barn to finish the season? These things will be answered in the next episode of 'Soap'.

Roll Tide!
P.S. I'm sorry, I just can't find it in my heart to pull for the barn. And if the barn wins it gives them the opportunity to continue their quest for another NC...Go Rebs!
Pollsters love ND, if there is a way to get ND into the final 4 they will make it. All ND has to do now is win the rest of them. Oregon will win their conference, they will probably go and a 1 loss Mich St is still in the picture. A 1 loss Miss. State team could be in the picture.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm split on this. I scold myself saying I should pull for Awburn. Then I tell myself whoever I pull for won't make any difference in what happens...:conf2:

I always like to see us make it to the Atlanta SEC game...I understand the argument that we might have an easier time winning the national title without having to play that game...but something about winning the national title while somebody else wins the SEC title just seems off somehow.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Pollsters love ND, if there is a way to get ND into the final 4 they will make it. All ND has to do now is win the rest of them. Oregon will win their conference, they will probably go and a 1 loss Mich St is still in the picture. A 1 loss Miss. State team could be in the picture.
I would love to see Bama get the chance to make that ND QB quit again.

Roll Tide!

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I changed my thought, but I'm confident we have the tie breaker advantage...based on the rules.. am i missing something?
If both Alabama and Ole Miss win out, Miss. St. has two losses. Ole Miss would win the head-to-head tiebreaker over us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.