The Barn vs. The Rebels: Who you pulling for?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
BTW, we all know that who we pull for in this game will have no impact on the outcome, so you should feel free to pull for Ole Miss if you wish. All of this is out of our hands.

This is one of those games that should leave Alabama fans feeling good no matter the outcome. Auburn wins and it helps Alabama. Ole Miss wins and it hurts Auburn. So smile and enjoy the game.

:cheers2:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I have no problem doing what helps Bama and in this case, it is cheering for a Barn win over Ole Miss. Bama has to take care of its own business and unfortunately, since we didn't show up for our own Ole Miss game, we need help finishing this season. If it is Auburn who helps us then I am 100% OK with that. Hopefully, after the Iron and Egg Bowl, Ole Miss, Miss St and Auburn will all have 2 losses each and it's all the way to the top for Bama!!

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
BTW, we all know that who we pull for in this game will have no impact on the outcome, so you should feel free to pull for Ole Miss if you wish. All of this is out of our hands.

This is one of those games that should leave Alabama fans feeling good no matter the outcome. Auburn wins and it helps Alabama. Ole Miss wins and it hurts Auburn. So smile and enjoy the game.

:cheers2:
Let's put it this way. I can't "pull" for Auburn really, but they need to win to help us. So I hope they have 8 turnovers and negative 100 yards rushing, then find out at halftime that Nick Marshall, Corey Grant, and the entire offensive line are ineligible for the rest of the season, then win 2-0 when Bo Wallace fumbles the ball out of the back of the end zone on the last play of the game.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I really don't know if I can say I will ever pull for auburn, but I rather ole miss lose soon because if we win out and it comes down to the egg bowl later that night we pretty much will have to hope a MSU team that has nothing to play for to win against an ole miss team that has everything to play for. But I think auburn wins 38-28 or something like that because ole miss's front seven isn't anything special and bad Bo has shown his face plus auburn's pact with satan is still out there
Not understanding this statement. Miss. St. would have one of the best records in the history of their program (even counting a loss to use when we play), and they would be playing against their bitter rival in the Mississippi Equivalent of the iron bowl.
....how would they have nothing to play for???

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Not understanding this statement. Miss. St. would have one of the best records in the history of their program (even counting a loss to use when we play), and they would be playing against their bitter rival in the Mississippi Equivalent of the iron bowl.
....how would they have nothing to play for???
Nothing being the SEC Championship and a berth in the CFP. EVERYTHING being the SEC Championship and a berth in the CFP.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I won't know who to pull for until the committee releases their standings.

If Alabama is in the top 5 when the first ranking comes out, I don't think anything short of an Alabama loss keeps them out no matter what. Also, considering Alabama's insanely high SoS and high poll ranking, it would be extremely hard for the committee to justify ranking them lower than that.

The easiest path, by far would be to avoid the SECCG altogether. One more week to heal up, one more chance to lose avoided. So, if Alabama has a clear path without it, I'll be pulling for Ole Miss the whole way. I'm not worried about a team catching Alabama from behind, not with the games they have coming up.
The way everyone is politicizing this. I see no way the SEC gets 2 in even less of 2 from the West. I agree its not right but those are the facts. Outside of the South most people are getting SEC fatigue. The only sure way to get in is to win out and gets some help. I will take help from whom ever can deliver it to us. Even if it is our little sister.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
You have made an intelligent, cogent, articulate, well-reasoned argument. Motion denied. Cannot pull for the barn.
The way everyone is politicizing this. I see no way the SEC gets 2 in even less of 2 from the West. I agree its not right but those are the facts. Outside of the South most people are getting SEC fatigue. The only sure way to get in is to win out and gets some help. I will take help from whom ever can deliver it to us. Even if it is our little sister.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
What I'm pulling for is for both teams to somehow lose the game. Possibly something that involves a black hole, reatomization, or the Bermuda Triangle. Beyond that, my only hope is that with each passing week our path the SECCG becomes clearer.

kapeman

Dec 13, 2011

If Auburn winning means we are in a better position, then HECK YA, I will be happy to say "WAR EAGLE", and then wash down several glasses of water to get that bad taste out of my mouth.

Rinse and spit, don't swallow that!
:)

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, I am always a strategic puller for whatever helps BAMA most. As painful as it is, I will be pulling for the Barn. I want to get that second loss for Ole Miss out of the way. That way, we can just win out and not have to worry about anybody else. I also think that if Ole Miss can get loss #2 this week, it will help our focus the rest of the way. Krymsonman

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.