The Barn vs. The Rebels: Who you pulling for?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Obviously Auburn winning is the best thing for Alabama because it puts us back in position to control our own destiny.

But the best thing is, regardless of who wins the Ole Siss vs Barn game, the loser is eliminated from playoff contention a month before the end of the season.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Obviously Auburn winning is the best thing for Alabama because it puts us back in position to control our own destiny.

But the best thing is, regardless of who wins the Ole Siss vs Barn game, the loser is eliminated from playoff contention a month before the end of the season.
Which is good in my oinion, because I don't care for either one of them. But, honestly I hate the barn more.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Which is good in my oinion, because I don't care for either one of them. But, honestly I hate the barn more.
I do too. But I love Bama more than I hate all other schools combined... well, if you ignore 2013-2014 Florida State. Whatever is going down there is way bigger than football, and I'm hoping the legal system finally wakes up about it... so I shouldn't count that.

Bottom line, if it helps us, that's what I want. Right now, I'm rooting for whomever can beat OM. After they lose, I'll root for OM (except Egg Bowl, because a 1-loss MSU probably helps us more than 4 2-loss teams). Do I want the NCAA to get to the bottom of the rotten stench at OM and AU... of course, but right now it's about what helps us most.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I want the barn to lose every game they play, period. Now and forever. No matter what. Bama should never be in a position of having to "back in" to a championship by someone else losing/winning. It happens, sure, but it's not a matter of life or death if ol spit wins.
Every single person here needs to realize that Arkansas is not a bad team; some very bad luck/mistakes that didn't go their way are the only thing keeping them from having beaten Bama and A&M. They will beat a team from the SEC West (barring major injuries), and they only have 3 left to play (2 at home, and one of those is....guess who?)
Nope, I can't now and will not ever pull for the barn. If Bama wins all of their remaining games and gets shut out of the playoffs, so be it. They shouldn't have lost, if it comes to that; but I have said for a while I think they get in by winning out and I still believe that, whether they win the SECw or not. Bama does indeed control its own destiny - in the words of CNS. "It ain't about what they do, it's about what we do."

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I want the barn to lose every game they play, period. Now and forever. No matter what. Bama should never be in a position of having to "back in" to a championship by someone else losing/winning. It happens, sure, but it's not a matter of life or death if ol spit wins.
Every single person here needs to realize that Arkansas is not a bad team; some very bad luck/mistakes that didn't go their way are the only thing keeping them from having beaten Bama and A&M. They will beat a team from the SEC West (barring major injuries), and they only have 3 left to play (2 at home, and one of those is....guess who?)
Nope, I can't now and will not ever pull for the barn. If Bama wins all of their remaining games and gets shut out of the playoffs, so be it. They shouldn't have lost, if it comes to that; but I have said for a while I think they get in by winning out and I still believe that, whether they win the SECw or not. Bama does indeed control its own destiny - in the words of CNS. "It ain't about what they do, it's about what we do."
Well, if Auburn beats Ole Miss you better believe they'll be pulling like crazy for us to beat Mississippi State.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Well, if Auburn beats Ole Miss you better believe they'll be pulling like crazy for us to beat Mississippi State.
I personally know 5, right now, who would not; they are evil clones of myself, and feel the same way about the barn as I do about Bama. They would never pull for Bama under any circumstances, and never have. Now, as is obvious from the posters on this thread, I think most barners would pull for Bama in that situation; but not all of them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Put your pride aside and treat the game, Auburn and Ole Miss as a business decision as one of the poster said. Just treat it like it's a business deal.. No emotions... When Auburn wins this game, just nod your head and walks away and focus on LSU.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
As long as Bama wins out, I don't really care at this point who wins; most times I would actively root for Ol spit, but I can't do that. If Bama takes care of business it's only relevant as far as the SEC championship goes, not necessarily the playoffs.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
I agree it's in our best interests for the barn to win.

But you really are sounding like a troll barner. Moooooooo

Also...you can't be a Bama fan and not be anti-Barn. You "should" know this. Mooooooooo
No, I am a Bama fan! I have spent many of sleepless nights after a loss. I just don't call rival teams names.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Wrong. He is not a Barner and as you state it is in our best interest if we truly want to win a championship. I know some would rather die than pull for the Barn but in this instance you have to put your hatred behind you temporarily. It is sort of like having to team up with the USSR to defeat Germany in WWII.
Thank you!

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Haven't read all the replies but I will be pulling for Auburn for obvious reason even though I won't care if Ole Miss wins. Actually it might be better for Bama's playoff hopes if Ole Miss wins and wins out. Assuming Bama wins out and Ole Miss wins out, both will most likely make it into the final 4.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Ok, all you fellow Bama fans pulling for Ole Miss, you need to check yourselves!!!!!!! Looking at the rankings if Ole Miss wins out, we are toast. You need to put your hatred for our rival aside and pull for what helps Bama! We need Auburn to take out Ole Miss then we can take care of Auburn. I mean really, are you a Bama fan or an anti Auburn fan?!?!?!
Well said. I am a Bama fan because I love Bama, not because I hate Auburn. What is good for Bama is what I care about, whatever that is. There is no reason to give Auburn that much power. This is something we laugh at Auburn fans for, for obsessing about Bama instead of caring about their own team. Bama fans should be better than that. RTR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Gotta get Ole Miss out of the way. We need them to lose and the sooner the better. Gotta pull for the barn. If it's any consolation, they have to pull for us against the cowbells.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Ok, all you fellow Bama fans pulling for Ole Miss, you need to check yourselves!!!!!!! Looking at the rankings if Ole Miss wins out, we are toast. You need to put your hatred for our rival aside and pull for what helps Bama! We need Auburn to take out Ole Miss then we can take care of Auburn. I mean really, are you a Bama fan or an anti Auburn fan?!?!?!
I'm one of the heretics.
A) Been a very serious Bama fan since at least 1964 (can't exactly remember who I rooted for before I turned 5. ;) )
B) As much as I love my team & want us to win every game always, I'm a bigger fan of my son the 2x Ole Miss grad. (Aside: Why would a couple with 4 UA degrees between us send our beloved son to Ole Miss? Look up the rankings for the U of AL School of Pharmacy. Don't bother; we don't have one. Ole Miss has a good one.)
C) I'll be sitting next to him & his fellow Reb alum buds Saturday night.
D) I was very upset that we lost to the Rebs.
E) My son & I want each other's team to win 11 of 12 games every Fall.
F) Years ago, I got past hating another team or fanbase (although, there's still Notre Dame...;)) Reason? See G below.
G) The outcome of this--or any other!--football game is a lot of fun to talk about & speculate about. But whether or not Bama makes it to the playoffs affects precisely ZERO things that matter ultimately. If how I cheer for a game in which my beloved alma mater isn't playing determines whether I'm a true fan of the Tide, so be it.
H) Roll Tide always!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.