The Barn vs. The Rebels: Who you pulling for?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
AU. I would rather that Bama independently controls our own destiny. And I also don't care much for OM either..

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Currently, If we win out and the rebels win out, they will go to ATL.:confused:
That's why I'm pulling for Auburn. Mississippi State could beat Ole Miss, but I'd feel better if Auburn went ahead and got the job done. Then we can beat a top 5 Auburn squad. Sounds good to me.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Also, I don't like Bo Wallace. Reminds me if Jay Cutler. His body language, the headbutt against LSU...I just can't root for a guy like that.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Duplicate comment from other thread...I am pulling for whoever/no matter/regardless that helps us to the SECCG. That started with lsu and now aub. They are both in front of our schedule and we can take matters into our own hands.
Some may THINK by winning out we are in. Maybe, but............

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I know we think the AU fan base is obnoxious but let one of these true junior league programs like OM have a season like they are this year and they are 10x worse than AU..

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Ole Miss needs one more loss, I prefer they get it sooner than later. So, if auburn can give them the second one, terrific. OTOH, even if someone other than auburn beats ole miss, if we don't take care of the tigers when we play them, the number of losses ole miss has will not matter.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I posted this in another thread as well, but I believe Auburn pulls it out. We played poorly against OM and nearly won. Bo Wallace will have his coach's public displays of frustration at him in his mind all week. Then we are in the driver's seat.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Two-Team Tie

In the event two teams are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order:
A. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams;
B. Records of the tied teams within the division;
C. Head-to-head competition against the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record, and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place);
D. Overall record against non-divisional teams;
E. Combined record against all common non-divisional teams;
F. Record against the common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference record (divisional or non-divisional) and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division; and
G. Changed: Combined SEC record of the team’s cross-divisional opponents

Three-Team Tie (or more)

If three teams (or more) are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order: (Note: If one of the procedures results in one team being eliminated and two remaining, the two-team tiebreaker procedure as stated in No. 1 above will be used):
A. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams
B. Record of the tied teams within the division
C. Head-to-head competition against the team within the division with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place)
D. Overall Conference record against non-divisional teams
E. Combined record against all common non-divisional teams
F. Record against the common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference record (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division; and
G. Changed: Combined SEC record of the team’s cross-divisional opponents

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-has-a-new-tiebreaker-in-2014/

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I just can not pull for the barn even if it does help us out, yes I hate them that much. I think ole sis wins the game anyway, the barn has no defense and their offense is not going to hang nowhere near 40 points on the rebs defense. The rebs are going to be a ill bunch and I think the barn pays for it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I really don't know if I can say I will ever pull for auburn, but I rather ole miss lose soon because if we win out and it comes down to the egg bowl later that night we pretty much will have to hope a MSU team that has nothing to play for to win against an ole miss team that has everything to play for. But I think auburn wins 38-28 or something like that because ole miss's front seven isn't anything special and bad Bo has shown his face plus auburn's pact with satan is still out there

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Won't sit and watch it for any substantial length of time since I just can't actively pull for them. But I hope Auburn has the higher score at the end.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Wow. I really don't get it. How many times have we heard "The Barn cares more about us losing than themselves winning". To me that is just plain stupidity that I cannot comprehend. That means you hate your rival MORE than you love your team. Although I usually pull against the Barn, I will ALWAYS pull for them to win, if it helps Bama. As much as I hate several teams, my love for Crimson is MUCH deeper than my hate of ANY other team. If Auburn winning means we are in a better position, then HECK YA, I will be happy to say "WAR EAGLE", and then wash down several glasses of water to get that bad taste out of my mouth.
My love of Crimson comes MUCH deeper than ANY other team's situation. PERIOD!!! And I just cannot comprehend ANY Tide fan pulling against anything that helps us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.