Coaching Moves

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Of all the coaches mentioned IMO Malzahn is far and away the best. I made fun of him when he was at Arkansas and when he first went to auburn but he is a damn good head coach, second only to Saban in the SEC. I notice that there are very few references on here any more calling his offense "high school".

I do not know if he would consider going to Florida, but I think most feel, comparing the two, that Florida is a much higher profile program and certainly more of a nationally recognizable brand. His stock is very high and if he has higher aspirations now would be the time to move.

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Muschamp is a very good DC but hasn't met expectations as a HC. I think Coach Saban will scoop 'Ol Will' up in some capacity in case Coach Kirby Smart finds something he likes. Florida needs to hire an offensive minded HC.
My sentiments exactly, on all counts. Thumbs up.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The idea of CWM at Bama makes my skin crawl. Too many bad memories of him on the Auburn sideline during the slim years.

IDK, I guess if Kirby bolted and he could keep the defense at the level we are accustomed too I could get over it. A crimson shirt helps anybody's appearence.;)

BamaRevT

1st Team
Apr 10, 2002
Fayetteville, Tn.
Oh now this is rich. Where did you hear the news about Butch Jones?

I'm not sure why Michigan would want Jones at this point. He's doing a good job at UT but he's not exactly setting the world on fire there.

Man, if Jones bolts on the Vols it'll set their program back again. I agree with Catfish, I'd ALMOST feel sorry for them.
NOT ME !!!

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
The ECU coach (Ruffin McNeil) might get some offers. He's 8-5, 10-3, and 6-1 in his past 2.5 seasons. He is 56, so not young but not too old either. He coached under Mike Leach at TT and Danny Ford at clemson, and he played for Pat Dye at ECU in late 70s (love or hate Dye and Ford for their cheating, they were both good coaches). Not sure a school like Florida would go after him, but if they plunked Mullen from MSU, McNeil might be a good hire for MSU.
I would be surprised to see Ruffin leave. He played and coached at ECU. The folks in Greenville love him. Besides, coaches who've left ECU recently don't have a great track record i.e. Skip Holtz, John Thompson, Steve Logan

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I would be surprised to see Ruffin leave. He played and coached at ECU. The folks in Greenville love him. Besides, coaches who've left ECU recently don't have a great track record i.e. Skip Holtz, John Thompson, Steve Logan
And did it with STYLE!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
i dont think he will go anywhere. I think we will see high turnover on coaching staff this season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.