selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Today?

MSU
FSU
Alabama
Auburn

but obviously that will shake out in the next month.

I think a committee would likely choose Ole Miss over us (since they beat us) and probably Oregon and Notre Dame as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The SEC West isn't done feeding on itself, so what we see today will have little resemblance to what we will see in 4 weeks. As SECW teams beat one another, other teams will keep winning and slide up in the polls.

HSV_1969

Scout Team
Feb 28, 2011
The SEC West isn't done feeding on itself, so what we see today will have little resemblance to what we will see in 4 weeks. As SECW teams beat one another, other teams will keep winning and slide up in the polls.
Exactly. It will be interesting to see what the committee's rankings are this Tuesday, but even then I don't believe their top 4 in rankings is how they would select the 4-team playoff if it had to be done this week.
My opinion is that there is only one almost certain way to be in the final playoff, and that would be to win the SEC championship. I don't think a second team from the SEC is very likely. Remember the mock committee a few weeks ago used the 2008 season for naming a top 4 playoff. Alabama was undefeated before the SEC championship game loss to Florida, and certainly still ranked in the top 4 after the loss. Alabama did not make the "2008 mock 4-team playoff" bracket.
Another interesting scenario for a "mock playoff committee" would have been 2011. Would a one loss Alabama have made the 4-team playoff? This is about the strongest case in recent years for two SEC teams to make it in, but I'm not 100% confident that the committee would have put Alabama in.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I am going to make a prediction not who should be in it now, BUT who will be in it at years end based on what's coming up and how I think it will shake out.

1. fSU
2. Alabama
3. ND
4. Mich St

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Today:

Bama
FSU
Miss. State
Auburn

I think any of the SEC teams(above) would blow Notre Dame out of the stadium
Same applies to FSU. Frankly, my top 5 would be the following if we are to ignore records and only focus on the talent/ability demonstrated on the field:

Alabama
Auburn
Miss State
Ole Miss
LSU

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Based on the remaining schedules I think it will be:

Miss State
FSU
Oregon
Michigan State

Given the difficulty of our schedule and the totally unpredictable nature of the iron bowl, I just don't see us winning out.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
My Final Four right now would be:

1.Miss State
2.Oregon
3.Alabama
4.Mich State

I've heard it said the committee may look at the polls but that the polls are not significant factor. That being said, I don't believe that FSU is better than any of the 4 teams I listed. I know things get murky when you start chaining wins together across multiple conferences but....FSU's best win is vs ND....ND's best win was vs Stanford....and Stanford really hasn't beaten anyone. It's mostly name recognition and preseason ranking propping FSU and ND up, IMHO.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
If I'm truly picking the four best teams regardless of record or conference affiliation:

1. Ole Miss. I know, crazy to put them first after a loss, but their defense is still the best in the country and lost a really tough road game to a good team.
2. Alabama. Pretty much the same as Ole Miss
3. Mississippi State. The best undefeated team left. But, I don't think they are as good as Ole Miss or Alabama.
4. FSU. Being undefeated at this point of the year is worthy of a spot.

Any of the above 4 who lose would be out. The next three in would be Oregon, Auburn, and Georgia.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Oregon
Notre Dame
FSU
Bama

I actually hope this is how things end up. I think Bama face plants any of those teams if we get healthy by the championship game.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Oregon
Notre Dame
FSU
Bama

I actually hope this is how things end up. I think Bama face plants any of those teams if we get healthy by the championship game.
Going into the 15th game no team will be healthy. It's just something everybody will have to deal with. Totally off subject but that is one reason I have reservations about a 8 team playoff making it a 16 game schedule. JMHO

Today
Miss St
Fl St
Alabama
Ole Miss

End of Season Prediction (Not that I like it)
Fl St
Alabama
Mich St
Notre Dame

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
TCU????????????????

Did you miss their collapse against Baylor? No team that coughs up that large of a lead belongs in the discussion.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Going into the 15th game no team will be healthy. It's just something everybody will have to deal with. Totally off subject but that is one reason I have reservations about a 8 team playoff making it a 16 game schedule. JMHO

Today
Miss St
Fl St
Alabama
Ole Miss

End of Season Prediction (Not that I like it)
Fl St
Alabama
Mich St
Notre Dame
There's a 4 week layoff between the SECCG and the semis. You are right that no team will be healthy but those that are just "dinged" will have time for healing. IMO this works to the advantage of the most talented team.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.