Man Shoot Bear, Yep In Florida

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
They're going to prosecute him for protecting his life and property?

It's Florida...I can believe that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They're going to prosecute him for protecting his life and property?

It's Florida...I can believe that.
However, if the bear had been a human, the "SYG" defense would prevail and there would be no prosecution. That's a crazy, topsy-turvy result. Bears will keep coming back to a place where they've found food before. When the bear stole my wife's (empty) pack in the Smokies, a Ziplok fell out which had nothing in it and which had never contained food. What was inside was the drinking tube which led from water bottle. Nevertheless, he bit it several times, in the absence of the food odor, because he had found food in plastic bags before...

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Would that make it a half-murder?
33% murder. Here in FL, SYG justifies against intruding humans and you can take as many wild boar as you like. Bear though, well you see that they are considering prosecuting this man for shooting a 400lb male repeat offender.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Killing a bear in Florida is illegal. Wildlife officer Greg Workman of the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation said he expects to hand the case to prosecutors by early next week for their consideration at the completion of his investigation.

"It sounds like he did what he could do to try to keep the bear from coming back," Workman said. "We're looking at all sides to make the best decision."
It wasn't the homeowner's fault. He did what he could to keep the bear from returning, then he did what he had to do.
There's only one thing he can do now. BearBQ, anyone?!!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My dad killed a bear when he was in the Army in Alaska and we had the bearskin on our floor for years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.