ESPN's Local Troll Danny Kannel Shows That "Anti-SEC Bias"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Unless you've lived under your computer keyboard, you've heard fans of other schools/conferences complain about ESPN having a bias towards the SEC. Danny Kannel wants to make sure we all know ESPN makes its employees tow the company line.

Note: I don't like bringing him attention. Just wanted to show how ignorant and anti-SEC he is.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: ESPN's Local Troll Danny Kannel Shows That "SEC Bias"

I can't stand him. He reminds me of Craig James. I hope ESPN does the same with Danny as they did with Craig. That's all I have to say about him..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

he's just following the skip bayless career plan guide

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007

I've learned to ignore him.You should too.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

he's just following the skip bayless career plan guide
Yep. Actually the Finebaum and Skip Bayless career guide. Just make asanine comments in order to always have your name in the media. Difference is Skip is actually smart and knows a lot about sports because he covered them for years (I'm talking around 20 years if I remember right) before he was ever on ESPN. Same with Finebaum. I have respect for those journalist who were covering sports before the internet and ESPN took everything over. They did it because it was their passion, not for money or notoriety. Danny, OTOH, is just another ex-jock spewing at the mouth..

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

A Golson-led Notre Dame is better than Bama? I wish there was some recent game that we could use to refute this claim. Oh Wait...

B

BamaJ

Danny is just an idiot. I don't think all of ESPN is in agreement with him. This dude just has it out for our division and the more the fans pee and moan, the more he loves it. He's gonna keep doing it if we keep whining. Does his opinion matter much at all? I don't think so. Forget him. We win out, we're in. If we beat the teams we have ahead of us, he can't keep us out. Period.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

He knows that if FSU was in the SEC they wouldn't even be in the discussion. That is why daddy Bowden ducked the SEC and joined the ACC.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

What's with the Georgia love
That's his attempt to get another dig at the SEC. Everyone knows the SEC west is the best but he shows either his disdain or ignorance. Either way, he's entitled to his opinion no matter how stupid it sounds. He'll be proven wrong at the end.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I dislike him so much I'm considering adding Kannel to the curse list so it will only display as ******.

Last edited:

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

He's not wrong, the title of the board was just cut-off as it was too long. It really said "Best 1 loss teams OUTSIDE OF THE SEC WEST."

I'll take a reasonably objective Sagarin computer poll over his show business poll anytime of the day (after 7 weeks of course). I think he has Georgia correct, but the top four is quite suspect. He is a perfect example of why 13 voters will be a travesty at the end of the year. The contrarian in me I thinks it will be fantastic if most of the AP top 5 teams are miss the playoffs since they didn't win their conferences. And right now, if the Sagarin computer called the playoffs, it would be all SEC West. Think about that for a second...

College Football 2014 through games of October 25 Saturday
RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | GOLDEN_MEAN | PREDICTOR | ELO_SCORE
HOME ADVANTAGE=[ 3.28] [ 3.15] [ 3.52] [ 3.15]
1 Alabama A = 96.78 7 1 78.28( 3) 0 1 | 3 1 | 96.67 1 | 96.21 2 | 94.86 3
2 Auburn A = 96.19 6 1 79.13( 2) 1 1 | 2 1 | 95.58 3 | 93.76 3 | 97.63 2
3 Mississippi A = 95.90 7 1 77.98( 7) 1 1 | 2 1 | 95.91 2 | 96.59 1 | 92.78 5
4 Mississippi State A = 93.78 7 0 74.73( 17) 2 0 | 3 0 | 93.86 5 | 89.84 7 | 98.09 1
5 Georgia A = 93.20 6 1 74.16( 22) 0 0 | 2 0 | 93.76 6 | 92.59 4 | 91.03 6

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I wonder when Louisville beats fsu where will they be according to him

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I think with Kannel it is more than his bias against the SEC and Bama. I heard him say one day how strongly he feels about what Coach Bowden did while he was at FSU and how being in the top 5 for so many years qualified as a Dynasty. I believe Coach Bowden won two titles out of all of those years being ranked in the top 5. Kannel just hates Bama because of Coach Saban eclipsing Coach Bowden's records. He is defending FSU and Coach Bowden's records by bashing Alabama and Coach Saban's accomplishments. Including LSU, Coach Saban has put the smack down on the college football world in a time frame similar to that of Coach Bowden's string of successes except Coach Saban has 4 rings to show off and was (is) in a much more difficult league to win in. All Coach Bowden had to do was beat Miami every year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think with Kannel it is more than his bias against the SEC and Bama. I heard him say one day how strongly he feels about what Coach Bowden did while he was at FSU and how being in the top 5 for so many years qualified as a Dynasty. I believe Coach Bowden won two titles out of all of those years being ranked in the top 5. Kannel just hates Bama because of Coach Saban eclipsing Coach Bowden's records. He is defending FSU and Coach Bowden's records by bashing Alabama and Coach Saban's accomplishments. Including LSU, Coach Saban has put the smack down on the college football world in a time frame similar to that of Coach Bowden's string of successes except Coach Saban has 4 rings to show off and was (is) in a much more difficult league to win in. All Coach Bowden had to do was beat Miami every year.
I think what Osborne and the decade of what Miami did is a dynasty. Granted Bowden beat Osborne for one of his titles but I seriously doubt he would've beaten him in 94,95, or 97. Plus he couldn't beat Johnson or Ericsson when they were rolling. I think Bowden was great but Bowden wasn't as dominate. He couldn't hold back many in the 2000s

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

He's just found a way to be part of the conversation. Kannel's goal is to get people talking about Danny Kannel. He can't actually be that stupid. Can he?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.