CFN: I’s a mad, mad, mad, mad SEC West

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
With Mississippi State’s win over Kentucky, Alabama’s win over Tennessee and Auburn’s win over South Carolina, the SEC West is now 32-1 against teams outside of the SEC West, with the only loss when the division’s worst team, Arkansas, lost to the SEC East’s best team, Georgia.

Take that in for a moment.

Try to poke holes all you want, but we’re about to head into November and the division has just one loss outside of its own seven teams mini-league.

The rankings that don’t matter – the AP and USA Today – have taken notice with three West teams – Mississippi State, Alabama and Auburn – all in the top four, and if they were being forced to bet their kids’ juice money, every single voter would take No. 7 Ole Miss in the AP – No. 9 in the USA Today – over Oregon, Notre Dame and Michigan State on a neutral field tomorrow.

Ole Miss still controls its own destiny – it’ll win the SEC title and go to the playoff if it wins out – but can anyone survive in this division? Mississippi State still has to go to Alabama and Ole Miss, and now LSU is back in the picture despite losses to Auburn and Mississippi State, meaning, in theory, this could be one of the five best teams in America.

What’s wrong with Texas A&M? Losses to Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Alabama. What about poor Arkansas? Its four losses came to Georgia, Texas A&M, Alabama and Auburn – no shame there.

Auburn and Mississippi State might have been a bit shaky in their wins, and it took a little bit for Alabama to put away Tennessee, but an SEC win is still an SEC win, and after this weekend, it’s still the SEC West’s world and we’re all just paying taxes.
More here: http://cfn.scout.com/2/1473447.html

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I knew when Nick Saban came to Alabama, the SEC West teams would be forced by their fanbases to continually upgrade their coaching and programs through ANY means necessary to keep up with Alabama. That forecast has come true, and as a result, the SEC West is stupid good now. You know your conference is scary good when a coach with 2 national championships leaves due to being under too much pressure and too many losses to SEC West teams.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
By my count... Against other divisions.

PAC-12 North: 19-12 (61%)
Pac-12 South: 20-7 (74%)

Big 10 East: 25-11 (69%)
Big 10 West: 25-11 (69%)

ACC Atlantic: 20-8 (71%)
ACC Coastal: 21-11 (66%)

SEC East: 17-12 (59%)
SEC West: 32-1 (97%)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Thanks for the update. If the committee finds a way to ignore this (which basically means ignoring all SoS calculations and math in general) then college football's postseason will become a joke. Fortunately, I don't see them ignoring something so substantial.

chattabama12

Scout Team
Oct 22, 2008
The meat of the SEC West is around the corner and this whole mess could be cleared up by the time selections occur. But I just can't see how any one loss team out of this group could possibly get denied. This may be the perfect situation to blow the lid off any "no two teams from the same conference should get in" arguments left. Of course MSU could run game on everyone and this conversation wouldn't mean much... but that's a pretty big if. I'm just glad we are back in control of our postseason position.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Ole Miss is overrated. Proven on the field at LSU. They will likely drop another game. Both Oregon and Michigan State could beat them in their own house if those teams are clicking on all cylinders.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Ole Miss is overrated. Proven on the field at LSU. They will likely drop another game. Both Oregon and Michigan State could beat them in their own house if those teams are clicking on all cylinders.
Overeated compared to what? Their only weakness is QB. They have the best defense in the country. They would handle the ducks without a problem. Did you already forget what happens to your team every time they play a team with a legit defense..

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
What does that ha e to do with this thread. And no, oregon would not beat ole miss defense since orevon does not know what that is.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Sure they would. Someday, everything's going to work out, and the Ducks might actually click on all cylinders through a season. We'll all be old men. But I'm sure it'll happen.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I remember when your posts had some attachment to sanity. I sincerely doubt Oregon could beat Arkansas 2 out of 3.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.