Link: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury; cleared to play vs. LSU

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury

Thank you so much for that info. When something is bothering me about the way the story developed, I usually speak up on it. Whether he gets on the field this week or not, the fact he is on treadmill is very good news.

The only surgery I know of is to go in and shorten and reattach the ligaments. Ligaments, and tendons to a lesser degree, are notorious about being slow to heal, because their blood supply is poor. (My BIL had two surgeries for it.) If he's on the treadmill already, I tend to discount all the surgery rumors. When you run it down, as I said before, you have a bunch of sites parroting the same "high-ranking athletic official line." There's never any corroboration at all...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The only surgery I know of is to go in and shorten and reattach the ligaments. Ligaments, and tendons to a lesser degree, are notorious about being slow to heal, because their blood supply is poor. (My BIL had two surgeries for it.) If he's on the treadmill already, I tend to discount all the surgery rumors. When you run it down, as I said before, you have a bunch of sites parroting the same "high-ranking athletic official line." There's never any corroboration at all...
Odd thing about the surgery talk - Intel has three different sources claiming he had surgery along with the Instagram picture from his mom or sister talking about his surgery.

Could he possibly have had surgery on something else while he rehabbed his ankle?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Odd thing about the surgery talk - Intel has three different sources claiming he had surgery along with the Instagram picture from his mom or sister talking about his surgery.

Could he possibly have had surgery on something else while he rehabbed his ankle?
I saw a supposed Twitter picture with the female's post. The whole thing smelled to me...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Now, that's a thought. Now, that would make sense.... Only way to find out is to watch the video of today's practice and see if anything seems little off. Would it be his hand? or foot? Something seems little off.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Now, that's a thought. Now, that would make sense.... Only way to find out is to watch the video of today's practice and see if anything seems little off. Would it be his hand? or foot? Something seems little off.
Possible, but I'm inclining more towards the whole surgery thing being an elaborate hoax. It certainly wouldn't be the first time "little engine that could" websites being worked over by one. If you get a little to anxious to break the story, it can come back to bite you...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Ah, I understand. I appreciate you breaking it down for me. I know I was being annoying on this thread, and probably drove RTR91 crazy, but I understand now.

Possible, but I'm inclining more towards the whole surgery thing being an elaborate hoax. It certainly wouldn't be the first time "little engine that could" websites being worked over by one. If you get a little to anxious to break the story, it can come back to bite you...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Ah, I understand. I appreciate you breaking it down for me. I know I was being annoying on this thread, and probably drove RTR91 crazy, but I understand now.
I just feel like something would have surfaced already, if it were actually true. Also, the idea of someone having surgery on a lower leg and then returning to a treadmill in a little over a week is mind-boggling...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

I just feel like something would have surfaced already, if it were actually true. Also, the idea of someone having surgery on a lower leg and then returning to a treadmill in a little over a week is mind-boggling...
Not if the surgery involved Borg implants...
"Starting at left tackle, Locutus!"

Looking at DE: "Resistance is futile."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

interesting. Definitely changed the way I look at the word, "intel." Should be interesting to see how the certain sites handle this information.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

I can't imagine Cam playing anymore this year after surgery. Can someone enlighten me on what this surgery entails?
Did he actually have surgery? I never saw something from Alabama confirming it.

Julio did play the same week as having hand surgery, but that was a hand and Julio.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Not that it is going to be taken as reliable, but a guy I'm in an email chain with said his buddy did Cam's surgery the Sunday after the game. Not sure why he'd lie or his Dr buddy would lie. I wonder if anyone will ask Cam about it the next time he's available for an interview.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Not that it is going to be taken as reliable, but a guy I'm in an email chain with said his buddy did Cam's surgery the Sunday after the game. Not sure why he'd lie or his Dr buddy would lie. I wonder if anyone will ask Cam about it the next time he's available for an interview.
He's a true freshman. He won't be available to the media. Saban's comments today seemed to be encouraging whether he had the surgery or not.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Did anyone directly ask Cam's head coach?

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Hard to know what to think. I don't know of any lower leg "surgery" where the successful patient is running on a treadmill in three days. Of course, calling it a "procedure" rather than surgery makes it all the more ambiguous. Gets even worse when some people talk about a MRI being a "procedure" rather than a "scan" or "investigation" or the like.

Not going to spend any time worrying about it. I spent a whole season thinking Chris Black would surely get in the next game and it all seemed like a smoke screen by January.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

From media folks at practice:

@Marq_Burnett
Alabama LT Cam Robinson (ankle) was at practice today. Went through individual drills, but watched during group stuff.Austin Shepherd at LT

@AaronSuttles
I'm still of the opinion that Cam Robinson won't play Saturday, but he moved well today and doesn't look like a guy coming off ankle injury.

@Andrew_Gribble
LT Cam Robinson looks pretty nimble for a guy who suffered a high ankle sprain 9 days ago but status still very much in doubt vs LSU

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Thats amazing. Cam may miss the LSU game, but sounds like he'll be back the game after for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.