Link: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury; cleared to play vs. LSU

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury

I watched the video of him...I could tell the limp when he walked and the drills they did didn't exactly require him to do a lot of moving...but man...seeing him practice did make me feel a little better about everything...he BADLY wants to play against LSU. Maybe I can sneak him some of my deer antler spray to help him be ready by Saturday

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Maybe I can sneak him some of my deer antler spray to help him be ready by Saturday
I hear that has healing powers on a par with... Windex. Maybe we can give him a squirt of both! :eek2:

P.S. - If you don't know about Windex, see My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

This is remarkable news...and it seems like everyone else is healthy now too. Cam is not a necessary ingredient to beating the who's IMO, but it's good to know he's close to being back.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

sip, I don't know why you think that is even an option at this point. Where he is now (apparently), there seems no way possible he doesn't play at the latest by the barn game; and he would definitely play in any games after that. Unless this is all a ruse - if his injury was that serious where he couldn't play for 3 or 4 more weeks, something tells me he wouldn't be walking around at practice. JMO
He started this year for a reason - he is the best Bama has on the O line.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I watched the video of him...I could tell the limp when he walked and the drills they did didn't exactly require him to do a lot of moving...but man...seeing him practice did make me feel a little better about everything...he BADLY wants to play against LSU. Maybe I can sneak him some of my deer antler spray to help him be ready by Saturday
I realize that it's par for the course for you, Mack, but, I'm sorry, that was priceless...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

I sincerely hope we hold him out until next spring, at least.
I think that will be the call.
Based on what??? It's not like you are saving a year of eligibility. He's a good one. Better play him while he's here and you still can.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

sip, I don't know why you think that is even an option at this point. Where he is now (apparently), there seems no way possible he doesn't play at the latest by the barn game; and he would definitely play in any games after that. Unless this is all a ruse - if his injury was that serious where he couldn't play for 3 or 4 more weeks, something tells me he wouldn't be walking around at practice. JMO
He started this year for a reason - he is the best Bama has on the O line.
I tend to be over conservative when it comes to injuries.
If this young man required surgery to fix his injury, then I don't think he should play again in the regular season.
By the "Bowl Game".? Possibly. Maybe.
By this week or before the Iron Bowl? No way.
We have to put his future first.
Sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Based on what??? It's not like you are saving a year of eligibility. He's a good one. Better play him while he's here and you still can.
Are you thinking about the kid's future or how he can destroy his future by helping us win a national title this year?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Are you thinking about the kid's future or how he can destroy his future by helping us win a national title this year?
No I'm thinking nobody knows what the injury actually is and how bad and you're wanting to sit him the rest of the year. If we went your route and sat everyone with an injury, we wouldn't be able to field a team this far into any season.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I tend to be over conservative when it comes to injuries.
If this young man required surgery to fix his injury, then I don't think he should play again in the regular season.
By the "Bowl Game".? Possibly. Maybe.
By this week or before the Iron Bowl? No way.
We have to put his future first.
Sip
I would think Coach Saban would do the RIGHT thing, knowing that playing him could adversely affect his $multimillion$ $dollar$ future in the NFL. If he's really hurt and can't be totally effective, he will not play this week or next week or several weeks after that.

All you have to do is look at Marcus Lattimore.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

No I'm thinking nobody knows what the injury actually is and how bad and you're wanting to sit him the rest of the year. If we went your route and sat everyone with an injury, we wouldn't be able to field a team this far into any season.
Unless I'm mistaken, somebody posted that he required surgery.
If that's the case, and it involved an ankle, then he should be sitting for awhile.
If that's not correct then I apologize. There's a difference between being "hurt", and "injured".
I understand that.
I think we need him, big time, and if he can go, with no risk of a career ending injury, because he came back too soon, then I'm fine with it.
But if he's gimpy, hold him out.
All I'm saying.
sip

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Players play injured all the time (Coop last year), and it does diminish their skills. But, if at 80 or 90% they are still better than their backup, and they are able to play, they play.
The risk of serious injury is there on every single play; I am still puzzled as to why you think CNS would play CS before he is ready and run the high-percentage risk of permanent injury. I just don't understand.
And the "surgery" thing has never been verified fully, but if it was arthroscopic in nature, the healing time from that is not that long.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Will everybody please just slow down on the talk about surgery. There's only one post, which could have been faked, on Instagram from a supposed relative mentioning surgery. There has been no confirmation from a public official source. There is no way on earth that any athlete, with any kind of ankle surgery was dressed out today, participating in drills. IOW, for god's sake, CALM DOWN with all the invective being shot back and forth about playing after surgery when the only evidence he had surgery has turned out to be a will o' the wisp...

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm skeptical that he plays this week but I'm encouraged

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

All that matters is that He's back with the team practicing. I don't think he will play, but will play if needed. I'm super excited about what our team will do this week.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

No idea what Robinson's status is, but you should expect LSU to attack the LT position. It will be a part of their game plan. Whether Cam plays or not, the position will not be as well manned as in previous games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.