Link: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury; cleared to play vs. LSU

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury

That doesn't make sense. Sheperd moves over from where he was to the LT side. Grant HIll will be the RT.

The offensive line should be as this: LT: Austin Shepherd; LG: Arie Kouandjio, C: Ryan Kelly, RG Leon Brown and RT: Grant Hill. I don't think we really have a weak spot. Bozeman showed us that the OL line can keep going when we lost Kelly for few weeks. I think the line will be fine against LSU. They are real high on Hill for obvious reasons.

No idea what Robinson's status is, but you should expect LSU to attack the LT position. It will be a part of their game plan. Whether Cam plays or not, the position will not be as well manned as in previous games.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

That doesn't make sense. Sheperd moves over from where he was to the LT side. Grant HIll will be the RT.

The offensive line should be as this: LT: Austin Shepherd; LG: Arie Kouandjio, C: Ryan Kelly, RG Leon Brown and RT: Grant Hill. I don't think we really have a weak spot. Bozeman showed us that the OL line can keep going when we lost Kelly for few weeks. I think the line will be fine against LSU. They are real high on Hill for obvious reasons.
Shepard has never played LT. It isn't as simple as just moving him to the left side of the line. All of his natural adjustments are to the right because he has played on the right. He will have to think a lot more at LT, and slows you down.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

He will be fine. I don't think there will be any issues with that. All of the players on the OL are cross trained.
Shepard has never played LT. It isn't as simple as just moving him to the left side of the line. All of his natural adjustments are to the right because he has played on the right. He will have to think a lot more at LT, and slows you down.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He started out at LT during spring practice.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

As Earle said, no way he had surgery last week and is practicing this week and being discussed as even "possibly" playing.

On the evening news last night there was video of CR running drills and he was moving with no visiable limp.

I had a similar, high ankle sprang in HS and it took me a month to get to 60%, but all I was doing was soaking in ice the first week or so. Today, with the kind of rehab athletes get at places like Alabama the rehab time is really amped up.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

As Earle said, no way he had surgery last week and is practicing this week and being discussed as even "possibly" playing.

On the evening news last night there was video of CR running drills and he was moving with no visiable limp.

I had a similar, high ankle sprang in HS and it took me a month to get to 60%, but all I was doing was soaking in ice the first week or so. Today, with the kind of rehab athletes get at places like Alabama the rehab time is really amped up.
I think it a lot more likely that he was simply misdiagnosed or that the injury was very minor (though it didn't look minor when he had to be helped off of the field). Several MLB players missed 6+ weeks last season from high ankle sprains. I am sure that they receive the best possible treatment.

I am very happy to hear that he will be back soon.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I know it`s about as subjective as you can get, but when the camera was on Cam as he removed his pads after he got hurt, he was all by himself and really didn`t look upset at all, leaving me to wonder if the early evaluation he got wasn`t all that severe. That, along with CNS never, to my knowledge, acknowledging that Cam had surgery, makes me think maybe it`s not as bad as some people have thought.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

And - doing the drills would not only pull out and tear the surface stitches or staples, the internal repairs would also be damaged. I'm more and more inclined to think the injury was much less severe than originally thought and it was treated conservatively. Until I see something more than a possibly spoofed Instagram post, I'm considering the whole matter as a hoax...

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

This recent improvement makes me very happy. That young man is a special player with a VERY bright future.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I really, really hope he can play and well, because I know how the LSU fans and team feel about him...

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX

I really, really hope he can play and well, because I know how the LSU fans and team feel about him...
I am really hoping all of the guys from my hometown of Monroe get some PT on Saturday since I am sure LSU is front and center on their games they want to play in.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

And - doing the drills would not only pull out and tear the surface stitches or staples, the internal repairs would also be damaged. I'm more and more inclined to think the injury was much less severe than originally thought and it was treated conservatively. Until I see something more than a possibly spoofed Instagram post, I'm considering the whole matter as a hoax...
Is it possible CNS is playing mind games with Lester? He does have a knack for it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Is it possible CNS is playing mind games with Lester? He does have a knack for it.
That had crossed my mind over the last several days, but, after all the other sightings and what the other players are saying, I don't think so. There's just no way he could be practicing with stitches. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play now, even if in spot duty...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think based on the videos in the practice, and seeing Yeldon practicing by himself, I'm inclined to believe that we won't see him starting in the game, but he will get limited playing time, just to get re-acclimated to the game. If the game is in control by half time, he would play a series or two and then call it a night. I would think that's the same situation for Yeldon, try to get him going and early and take him out of the game to keep him healthy for MSU game...
That had crossed my mind over the last several days, but, after all the other sightings and what the other players are saying, I don't think so. There's just no way he could be practicing with stitches. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play now, even if in spot duty...

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

If he is practicing and there is a chance he can play, I think he will because it's LSU and the game is there. He no doubt wants show them he did what was best for him by coming to Alabama.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I think based on the videos in the practice, and seeing Yeldon practicing by himself, I'm inclined to believe that we won't see him starting in the game, but he will get limited playing time, just to get re-acclimated to the game. If the game is in control by half time, he would play a series or two and then call it a night. I would think that's the same situation for Yeldon, try to get him going and early and take him out of the game to keep him healthy for MSU game...
I hope Henry has the game of his life (that's saying a lot) and it's not necessary to play Yeldon.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I think AS will start at LT. If they can manage to move the ball they'll keep Cam out as long as possible. Just a guess.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I agree. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I think tomorrow is when we know what they are going with as far as OL.... Now, remember in the past, when someone was injuried or wasn't playing they were back in the line of the group... but CR is practicing with the second team, and that's why I have hard time believing the fact he'll sit this one out this weekend. Personally, They might want to test him on one series and then call it a day for him.

I think AS will start at LT. If they can manage to move the ball they'll keep Cam out as long as possible. Just a guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.