Link: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury; cleared to play vs. LSU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama left tackle Cam Robinson has a high ankle sprain and he is out "a couple of weeks" per UA head coach Nick Saban.

Saban was asked about Robinson's injury following his induction into the Alabama Academy of Honor in Montgomery on Monday.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Re: Cam Robinson to miss several weeks with ankle injury

A "couple weeks" is better than the rest of the season. Rest up big man. Bama will need you down the stretch. I will say, though, that the last two series showed that we have quality depth at OL. Leon Brown, Grant Hill, and Bradley Bozeman have all done well when called upon to play different positions due to people going down with injuries.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

If Alabama ends up with a path through the SECCG, this is how it's going to go. You can only hope the players that get hurt can come back. I wish him a speedy recovery.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This has been driving me nuts. Alabamaintel broke the news, and then it's all over the forum board and I'm sitting here thinking, where did this surgery new come from, especially on a sunday night? That's rare. Cecil or any other sport writer would've broke the news if it was something like that. I think the website just lost their credbility again.

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

This has been driving me nuts. Alabamaintel broke the news, and then it's all over the forum board and I'm sitting here thinking, where did this surgery new come from, especially on a sunday night? That's rare. Cecil or any other sport writer would've broke the news if it was something like that. I think the website just lost their credbility again.
From what I saw, it came from a Tweet. Not from his account but someone tagging him it a get-well post and others asking questions on that post. The person said he was having surgery for a torn ligament. It looked like it could have been a family member or a friend but it's Twitter so who knows.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

The twitter came from a member of the forum board, which I shall not name at this point, but He was one of the admin on that website. But Born2roll may be right. I dont know what to think of that.
From what I saw, it came from a Tweet. Not from his account but someone tagging him it a get-well post and others asking questions on that post. The person said he was having surgery for a torn ligament. It looked like it could have been a family member or a friend but it's Twitter so who knows.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

Man we just can not catch a break on injuries this season.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

High ankle sprains come with various severities. Hopefully he has a milder case and can come back sooner than later. But let's all hope he plays again when he can be in good form. We can't afford to bring him back one game too soon, re-injure it, and have him out for the Iron Bowl or beyond. This guy has a fantastic future ahead of him (and us).

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

As far as reliable goes, Alabamaintel to me is now 50/50 and flaming out quickly.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Ok, so we can lose a few games now and get an Oregon pass.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Drew DeArmond@DrewDALIntel 23m23 minutes ago
Confirmed through high-ranking
Athletic official tonight: LT Cameron Robinson had surgery for torn ankle ligaments; out for several weeks
This is what I was talking about. How come Andrew Gribble, Cecil Hurt hasn't said that?

Chase Goodbread @ChaseGoodbread · 7m7 minutes ago

Based on @DrewDALIntel report, Cam Robinson would not only miss LSU but presumably MSU as well. The worst of timing for UA.

This is confusing to me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Drew DeArmond@DrewDALIntel 23m23 minutes ago
Confirmed through high-ranking
Athletic official tonight: LT Cameron Robinson had surgery for torn ankle ligaments; out for several weeks
This is what I was talking about. How come Andrew Gribble, Cecil Hurt hasn't said that?

Chase Goodbread @ChaseGoodbread · 7m7 minutes ago

Based on @DrewDALIntel report, Cam Robinson would not only miss LSU but presumably MSU as well. The worst of timing for UA.

This is confusing to me.

None of the best writers or journalists are going to report it until UA announces it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

Ok, so we can lose a few games now and get an Oregon pass.
Agree. If anyone gets an injury excuse from the committee it better be Bama. I just shake my head in disgust during games b/c it seems like we lose 1 to 2 key players a game.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

A lesser team would have tanked by now with all the injuries. Proud of our Crimson Tide.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I have heard a different version this evening. They are hoping that Cam can be back by LSU....or at least MSU.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Good thing we're in the meat of our schedule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.