How do YOU predict the Playoff Committee will rank the Top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I am betting Coach Saban is smiling......

Vegas right now has us as the betting favorite to win it all....

I'm happy being the hunter....

Motivation everywhere...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
From collegefootballplayoff.com "The selection committee will choose the four teams for the playoff based on strength of schedule, head-to-head results, comparison of results against common opponents, championships won and other factors."

Translation : "The selection committee will choose the four teams - not necessarily the best four teams - for the playoff based on factors."
Then they've already changed their "mission".

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Everyone has to realize this new poll is more about not ranking teams higher than where they should be at this point than it is ranking them as high as you really think they are. Its a system that causes everyone in the process to be very conservative with the "eye" test being worth more than results on the field.

Basically, some teams get ranked higher because you cant put other teams in front of them for this reason or that. Its like a poll done by process of elimination rather than a poll of who are the top teams based on more subjective type input.

Its a huge change from what we are use too but I actually think they did a great job with the top 10. Sure i can argue here or there but so can the teams who are ranked ahead of us. I am satisfied.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It won't be after they whip TCU this weekend. I'm with Sip. Some real concern with the "committee".

I am not. I think they are thinking ahead at what we have left to play. I think it is better they think highly of our future opponents. It will make our wins against them better.

No way we aren't in..if we win out.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Would someone please tell Danny Kanell that our quality wins are not over Texas A@M and Tennessee.
West Virginia can still win the Big 12 for goodness sake and have only lost to us and Oklahoma.
Florida was undefeated when we played them.
So it's safe to say that, to me, our quality wins are over, West Virginia, Florida, and Texas A@M.
I also wonder how the committee will handle it when we blow LSU out of the stadium in Baton Rouge.
They beat Ole Miss, right? So talk to me about head to head.
I don't like it. Head to head can be very misleading.
sip

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I skipped the show as soon as it was mentioned that Danny Boy was going to be on.

I just went to twitter to find out the rankings.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Bottom line, do you people believe that if we win out (no matter what any other teams do) we are in?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It looks like they are actually trying to be truly 'Fair'.

-AU beat LSU and KState(who is the only BIG12 team who doesn't have a conf loss) and only lost to #1MSU so fair enough.
-Ole Miss just lost to LSU in Death Valley at night by 3 pts and beat us head to head so fair enough.
-Oregon beat Mich St and UCLA
-We (Bama) have only lost a close road game to Ole Miss yet only have 1 quality win vs. WVU so fair enough. That WVU win is surprisingly helping us right now.

Bottom Line we play 2 teams ranked ahead of us right now...MSU & AU....We Win and we are in....even IF it creates a semi-final rematch w/ a 12-1 Ole Miss. We JUST have to win. We could not ask for more than that. I'm happy.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
It looks like they are actually trying to be truly 'Fair'.

-AU beat LSU and KState and only lost to#1MSU who is the only BIG12 team who doesn't have conf. losses so fair enough.
-Ole Miss just lost to LSU in Death Valley at night by 3 pts and beat us head to head so fair enough.
-Oregon beat Mich St and UCLA
-We (Bama) have only lost a close road game to Ole Miss yet only have 1 quality win vs. WVU so fair enough. That WVU win is surprisingly helping us right now.

Bottom Line we play 2 teams ranked ahead of us right now...MSU & AU....We Win and we are in....even IF it creates a semi-final rematch w/ a 12-1 Ole Miss. We JUST have to win. We could not ask for more than that. I'm happy.

That game against Ole Miss would be just as hyped as the rematch against LSU.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Also, this initial vote tells me that the committee has NO PROBLEM putting multiple SEC teams in.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Bottom line, do you people believe that if we win out (no matter what any other teams do) we are in?
Yes. Winning out means we beat two top 10 teams (maybe two top 5 teams, depending who wins and loses between AU/UM/MSU etc) and LSU is also ranked.

We truly control our own destiny.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Gosh, the crazy part is that winning out could include going to the SECCG to play another difficult game. It's an insane stretch of games to have to navigate. No other conference IMO comes close.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Maybe. I ain't ready to buy that just yet. If Ole Miss beats Auburn Saturday they will be way down the totem poll when we play them. Assuming we win out of course.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Maybe. I ain't ready to buy that just yet. If Ole Miss beats Auburn Saturday they will be way down the totem poll when we play them. Assuming we win out of course.
But a lot of people have said all along that if Ole Miss and Alabama both win out, that they both get in. You simply do NOT leave out a 11-1 Alabama team, SEC Champion or not.

I feel especially good about that happening if that scenario plays out, because these initial votes tell us that the voters have no qualms with putting multiple SEC teams in it.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I am not. I think they are thinking ahead at what we have left to play. I think it is better they think highly of our future opponents. It will make our wins against them better.
No way we aren't in..if we win out.
I did not believe the committee would rank Bama that high, so, given Bama's remaining opponents, I'd say I am pleasantly surprised to have been proven wrong.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yeah but if AU losses they drop and WE grab that spot at #5 bud. Then we beat #1 MSU and at worst are then #4 for the remainder of the season. They can't keep us out now starting us at #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.