How do YOU predict the Playoff Committee will rank the Top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah but if AU losses they drop and WE grab that spot at #5 bud. Then we beat #1 MSU and at worst are then #4 for the remainder of the season. They can't keep us out now starting us at #6.
^Exactly. Win out, we are in. Only way we do not get in is if we lose.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Something to think about. The way the voting process works. Teams 1-3 were the first locked in teams and all 12 members knew who 1-3 were. Then they go list their next 6 teams in no order. The 6 most selected teams are then ranked 1-6 with the top 3 falling in at 4-6. So all 12 members knew going into that second vote Bama could be as high as 4th. Most members chose to put Miss ahead because of the head to head. Thats fair. So now we could have been 5th but for some reason Oregon got more votes. Was it because we were picked better by some but yet others had us at the tail end of the next 6 grouping? Or was it a close vote with just a few more 2nd place votes for Oregon in that group of six. I personally think the process of each 3 teams getting locked in 3 at a time and everyone then knowing who those three are before moving onto finding the next three is very intriguing.

Who knows, in the initial blind vote of the first 6 teams we could have been fourth. And then once everyone saw who was 1-3 they may have decided to push us back some. Heck Ol Miss may not have even been in the first grouping. Its very interesting to think about and watch closely at each group of 3 teams that are ranked.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
The question is. Does Bama fall if WV loses and our best win does not look as good anymore. Hopefully they will pull out a win over TCU. But i could see us falling if this happens.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That's pathetic. Somebody's begging for a reason to put Oregon in the playoff.
Every team has injuries. Geez.
I guess they were looking for a way to prevent having 4 of the top 5 teams from being from the SEC West. Maybe they felt they would not have any credibility if they had put Bama ahead of Oregon.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The question is. Does Bama fall if WV loses and our best win does not look as good anymore. Hopefully they will pull out a win over TCU. But i could see us falling if this happens.
Don't see Bama falling, but an Oregon win over Stanford will put them in the Top 4 replacing *u-om loser. And a win by TCU over WVU would put them at #5. Bama will remain at #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.