How do YOU predict the Playoff Committee will rank the Top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It's good work if you can get it. ;)

I should be on the committee. Funny you mention work. When I worked at A Georgia Power generating plant, that was pretty much all we did, as they had flat panel TV s in almost every work space. It was for watching the weather. ;). We had little else to do, as there may have been 45 minutes of actual work in an 8 hour day.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I finally heard it. Tom Luiginbill on the experts on why Bama should be ahead of Ole Miss. You have to factor in that Alabama had 3 critical injuries in the game and if Alabama plays Ole Miss 10 teams, Bama wins most of those games.
Same show, Matt Millen said Alabama is the best team in the country, it will be curious how the committee views Alabama.

TAKE THAT KANELL!!!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I look at like this....Does AL or AU get jumped by Oregon? I think one will be in it but not both. I suspect it will be AL even though AU is far more deserving than the Ducks. I would not be shocked if both get left out. I'd be surprised but not shocked. I'll actually be more surprised if they just select the 4 best teams like they SAY their mission is. I believe their agenda will out itself in the very first poll.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
...I'll actually be more surprised if they just select the 4 best teams like they SAY their mission is. I believe their agenda will out itself in the very first poll.
From collegefootballplayoff.com "The selection committee will choose the four teams for the playoff based on strength of schedule, head-to-head results, comparison of results against common opponents, championships won and other factors."

Translation : "The selection committee will choose the four teams - not necessarily the best four teams - for the playoff based on factors."

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Here are the arguments for each of the one-loss teams to be #3, IMO...

Alabama: (1) best win of any team in the country (55-0 at home over aTm), (2) loss was one of the top five "best losses" (23-17 on the road against one-loss Ole Miss), (3) one of the best OOC wins of the year (33-23 on a neutral field over West Virginia) and (4) statistically, 25th in Scoring Offense, and 3rd in the country in Scoring Defense.

Auburn: (1) Probably the 2nd best win in the country (41-7 at home over LSU), (2) probably 2nd "best loss" (38-23 on the road against undefeated MSU), (3) also one of the best OOC wins of the year (20-14 on the road against Kansas State) and (4) statistically, 15th in Scoring Offense and 25th in Scoring Defense.

Oregon: (1) Probably the best OOC win in the country (46-27 at home over Michigan State), (2) one of the top ten "best losses" (31-24 at home against one-loss Arizona), and (3) 5th in Scoring Offense and 61st in Scoring Defense.

Notre Dame: Their only argument, IMO, is they have arguably the "best loss" of the year (31-27 on the road against FSU). If FSU loses, that would take away their only legitimate argument. They are 42nd in Scoring Offense and 14th in Scoring Defense.

Michigan State: They are like Notre Dame in that their best argument is in the quality of their loss - a road loss to Oregon. They are 5th in Scoring Offense and 20th in Scoring Defense.

Ole Miss: They have the best "second best" win - a road win over aTm, 35-20. Their loss is also a high-quality one - a road loss at night to LSU, and that was only by a score of 10-7. They are 50th in Scoring Offense and 1st in Scoring Defense. Being 1st in Scoring Defense is important, IMO.

Georgia: Their OOC win over Clemson is a good one. They are 9th in Scoring Offense and 19th in Scoring Defense.

I think Alabama, Auburn, and Ole Miss stand out. They all have high quality wins, high quality losses, and are statistically strong on either offense or defense or both.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Let's face it, this committee is, and will be no better than political pollster's! They'll twist the number's and circumstance's to fit their needs!
All I'll have to see, is FSU in the top 4 to know they will be no better than the polls, [AP & Coaches], we have to go on as of now!

This is the worst case scenario for the committee, a bunch of 1 loss teams for two & maybe three spot's.
Unless FSU get's upset in the weak ACC, which would mean all 4 spot's will be for 1 loss teams!
This season has proven out that an 8 team playoff would have been much better for the sport as well as the Bowl game's!

The following is based on the fact I totally believe there is an SEC bias toward leaving them out if at all possible!
Conference Champs will be like automatics:
Committee Pick's=*

ACC - FSU* (if at all possible they'll want last years Nat'l champs)
BigX - Mich. St.*/Ohio St./Nebraska (Like the Big XII not a lot to choose from here)
Big XII - TCU*/Kansas ST. (see Big X)
Pac XII - Oregon* (Experts say loss was because of OL being injured)
SEC - Bama/Barn/MSU*/UM/UGA - If MSU is undefeated they will knock out Big XII Champ
INDP - Notre Dame*
The powers that be have all but backed themselves into a corner with a 4 team playoff and having five conference champs & the plus 1 of the Golden Domer's! :biggrin:

B

BroadwayJoe777

They will definitely rank Ole Miss one slot ahead of Alabama wherever that is. Bank on it.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
FSU, Miss State, Bama and Oregon. I think the SEC ends up with only one team in the end, though.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Herbstreit is showing us alot of love.He said he feels like we're the best team right now.
He looks the most sure of his responses. Danny K and Pollack are looking around when they're talking like they're looking for shocked faces. I agree with Herbstreit.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
None of this matters at the moment. It will all shake itself out, starting this weekend. However, we're behind OREGON?

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Couldn't be happier with the results. Basically we win, we're in.

They see through the ND bull. I believe Ole Miss should be ranked ahead of us right now. Our big wins are West Virginia and Texas A&M, both decent teams. Ole Miss has beaten A&M and us.

Bottom line- win boys and we get an opporunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.