How do YOU predict the Playoff Committee will rank the Top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Notre Dame doesn't belong in the top 4 now or at the end of the season if there are still lots of 1 loss teams. They don't have a single good win. They play garbage teams for the most part and barely beat a poor Stanford team. They lost to FSU. That doesn't tell us much, because FSU plays nobodies all season long. They are not in a conference so they won't have to win a conference championship. They should be on the outside looking in, if things are fair. Also, after their pathetic performance in the NCG a few years ago, no one wants to see them anywhere near the playoffs.
I like the way you are thinking oregonbltzkrieg. You might join our side of the force one day. :)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
It will be interesting to see who places #1. If FSU, then this signals they aren't dedicated to the idea of a strong SEC West. If MSU, then they give the SEC their props! JMHO

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Here's my prediction regarding the Playoff Committee's 1st Vote on the Rankings:

1 Florida State = 7 - 0
2 Mississippi State = 7 - 0
3 Notre Dame = 6 - 1
4 Oregon = 7 - 1
5 Auburn = 6 - 1
6 Ole Miss = 7 - 1
7 Alabama = 7 – 1
8 Michigan State = 7 – 1
9 Kansas State 6 – 1
10 TCU = 6 - 1

They may put in another PAC 12 team in the top 10.

I'm looking forward, I think, to the Playoff Committees 1st ranking so that we can critique it.
That's about what I'm expecting. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised though. That's what I'm hoping for. RTR!!!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yep. I expect them to push as many SEC teams down as far as they think they can get away with. My guess is that they are hoping there is a single, undefeated SEC Champion (i.e. Mississippi State) and that everyone else in the conference takes two losses at least. Then they'll go with FSU, Notre Dame and Michigan State. I actually thought this might come true for them till I closely watched Mississippi State and Kentucky. The Bulldogs have more issues than I thought.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To be honest the only sports analyst that has a solution for this madness is Lou Holtz. They asked him what he thought about playoffs if the committe went with primarily conference champs he said this:
1.it should be an 8 team playoff
2.power five will be ranked 1-5 by the committee
3. three wild cards will be chosen by the committee
4. Notre Dame and the independents must join a conference to participate in the show

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
The selection committee thought process:

1. FSU - Because they are the defending NC
2. ND - Because their only loss is to the defending NC
3. Miss St - Because they haven't lost yet.
4. Oregon - Because the west coast is more enlighten then the rest of the nation.
5. TCU - 86 points, WOW
6. Mich St. - Token big 10 school
7. Kansas St. - Because they are a non SEC one loss team
8. Auburn - Because we can't continue to keep out the rest of the SEC west
9. Ole Miss - Black bear or no black bear, they are less PC then Auburn
10. OSU - They would be great if they hadn't lost their starting QB

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Re: 2014 = 2011?
Your committee members
[/URL][/IMG]

This committee doesn't have a true Deep South representative. Midwest and west coast...ie Big Ten and Pac 12 are well represented. Before anyone points out Condi, she isn't the strongest football person in the room plus she has degrees from ND in the early 70s and Stanford. She was a Stanford provost as well

Also, almost all the committee members have full time jobs. They can't be watching all games every week. With all the money generated, why can't we pay these people say 250k to watch football full time for3 months. Seems to me this would be a no brainer to ensure accuracy.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Also, almost all the committee members have full time jobs. They can't be watching all games every week. With all the money generated, why can't we pay these people say 250k to watch football full time for3 months. Seems to me this would be a no brainer to ensure accuracy.
I am so committed to this playoff thing working, I might be willing to consider this position.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Just saw Tom luiginbill on Championship Drive, BTW he had Bama#1 and SEC 3 out of 4 and no FSU , he made the statement the committee will be flawed and they should go back to the BCS formula and take the top 4. Tom Luiginbill, the Anti Danny Kanell

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just saw Tom luiginbill on Championship Drive, BTW he had Bama#1 and SEC 3 out of 4 and no FSU , he made the statement the committee will be flawed and they should go back to the BCS formula and take the top 4. Tom Luiginbill, the Anti Danny Kanell
I respect Luiginbill because actually watches and studies teams before shooting his mouth off.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The problem is in the letters BCS. People outside of the SEC fear it so they went to a selection committee. If you look at one of the most powerful critics of it DELANEY, you will know why everyone here is more afraid of what this first committee states than the 2011 BCS selections after Okie lite lost to Iowa St. If you dont think there is a chance that only the champion of Atlanta is representing the SEC then consider that not only does Delaney have a strong voice in this, but also the PAC 12, Big 12, and Notre Dame does as well. and to think that only 4 spots are awarded makes me think the wealth will be dispersed. I totally agree that the BCS is the best formula, but until the Oregon fad fades away or FSU championship has an * by it we will only get one team in most likely. Thats why I kinda saw auburn losing to FSU as a bad thing for the future because it gives the perception that anyone can challenge the might of the SEC west. I was also kinda hoping that if Ole Miss was to lose before Miss St it would be to Auburn because the perception of LSU this year is that they are a bottom feeder, but Auburn may be a world beater that had a bad day. Unless the rankings have two SEC teams in the top 4 tommorow that isnt named Georgia, I fear Atlanta is a must for anyone wanting to get to the big dance.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
They sit here and say two SEC teams shouldn't be in because of the conference championship factor and the rematch deal. If FSU runs the table they shouldn't be allowed to put ND in either. ND lost to FSU, didn't win a conference championship, and this could possibly lead to a game we've already seen.

Kanell and the rest of those buttsniffers, that don't know what they're talking about, always seem to look over this when putting ND in over Alabama or Auburn.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I respect Luiginbill because actually watches and studies teams before shooting his mouth off.
I have said this previously. Luiginbill , Mike Belotti , Matt Millen and Butch Davis are the only credible ESPN CFB analysts . They are the only ones that break down film and know what they are looking for. If you ever have a chance to listen to Chris Carter, do it. I listen to him on Mike and Mike several times a weeek, and while they usually talk NFL, he has a great CFB IQ and is worth the occasional college conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.