How do some of you see us stacking up against Florida State?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Am I the only one here who gets ....ed off when watching Florida State play? That team ...... me off BAD. I want them to lose so badly.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It would resemble the Capital One Bowl against Michigan State.
I can see any team having a close game or two, but they struggle their butt off in every game they play against an above average opponent. It's proven.
If they're number two in the nation it's a pretty bad year for football.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
WE can definitely beat FSU, but its not the team i'm worried about. it's winston. Dude is so good in making plays with his arm. You can blitz and he still get a pass off. I sitll don't know how good the team is until they play a better, stronger team in playoff. Mich St, Ole Miss, Miss state and Oregon could out score FSU... The issue with FSU is they start off slow... and this is something we need to take advantage of if I were the opposing team.. get the points on board fast .. get to where it's 38-0 or 38-13 and keep scoring. Make Winston work so hard to bring the team back

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
WE can definitely beat FSU, but its not the team i'm worried about. it's winston. Dude is so good in making plays with his arm. You can blitz and he still get a pass off. I sitll don't know how good the team is until they play a better, stronger team in playoff. Mich St, Ole Miss, Miss state and Oregon could out score FSU... The issue with FSU is they start off slow... and this is something we need to take advantage of if I were the opposing team.. get the points on board fast .. get to where it's 38-0 or 38-13 and keep scoring. Make Winston work so hard to bring the team back
Personally, I think he`s simply the best QB in the game. Period.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Personally, I think he`s simply the best QB in the game. Period.
I said the same to my wife last night: as much as I can't stand the guy and he ought to be behind bars, on purely football terms, as a quarterback, he is so, so, so good. Which of course is why he is not behind bars.

She said "Yeah but he's a horrible person - he's like Cam." I said "Cam is also a very good quarterback. But Winston's worse than Cam. Cam was just cocky and a thief. Winston's cocky, a thief, and a rapist. He's also a much better quarterback."

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Who knows. Winston could straighten up. I hope he does and hope he does well in the NFL. Part of that straightening up though is being held accountable for your actions. If I could have gotten away with a lot of stuff I did when I was a young'n (around his age), I would have done it too. Who knows where I'd be though? There, but for the grace of God... So, I blame Jimbo for this more than anyone. He'll have to live with that if Jameis does something extremely stupid down the road and ends up in the penitentiary.

As far as the rape issue goes, no one has proven a thing. So, I won't hold that against him but at the same time, I can kind of understand that people think he did it. When you do dumb things you might not go to jail for it but the court of public opinion can hold it against you. Nobody's fault but his for that.

Still, he is a very good passer but he's not a world-beater in my mind. Not even at the college level. Struggling against ACC teams? Slow starts against ACC teams? You can only win against ACC or lesser teams if you do that. Now, playing a real team is a different ball game. If Bama played FSU today with our best game against their best game, we win by 14+. At least. No doubt about it.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I said the same to my wife last night: as much as I can't stand the guy and he ought to be behind bars, on purely football terms, as a quarterback, he is so, so, so good. Which of course is why he is not behind bars.

She said "Yeah but he's a horrible person - he's like Cam." I said "Cam is also a very good quarterback. But Winston's worse than Cam. Cam was just cocky and a thief. Winston's cocky, a thief, and a rapist. He's also a much better quarterback."
Winston is probably a sociopath. There's a reason he can compartmentalize his actions without feeling.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
After watching Louisville chase Rapeis all over the field last night, I'm fairly confident that we could get enough pressure to seriously disrupt what they do. FSU is really talented at the skill positions. For example, They're freshman RB is a game breaker. They'd make some plays, but we'd snuff out a lot of their drives.

On the other side of the ball, we'd be able to move it. If we got a 3 TD lead like Louisville or NC State got, we could take the air out of the call and win by 10 or 20 going away.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Not at this point he's not. Scam could beat you with his legs, JW ain't even close to being able to do that. Many of his passes are waaay off target. Scam is (and was) much more accurate.
Now, can he be? I dunno - if he can stay out of prison, maybe. Time will tell.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.