How do some of you see us stacking up against Florida State?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
If Alabama and FSU met today, how would the game go?

I hope and pray that we are the team that silences that band of criminals.

For the first time in a long time, the entire country would be Tide fans if we faced FSU, LOL

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I want us to play Florida State soooo bad. That is who I want us to play in the playoffs if we get there. I want a piece of them.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Florida State is 38th in rushing defense, 44th in passing defense, and 34th in total defense. They are 69th in total offense. Strength of schedule so far is 39th. They don't look that "scrong den" to me. I like our chances. A lot.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Good offense, very questionable defense. They wouldn't stop us very well at all. The one thing that they may find success at though is in their passing game. As much of a punk as JW is, he is a surgical passer, good on his feet, and fairly clutch when the chips are down. That's a matchup in their favor against our secondary.

I think we'd win decisively though: 34-20.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Why do you feel the need to play a team that plays nothing but chumps all season long? They'll get what's coming to them this season, whether by your hand or by someone else's.
Well that's one good thing to take away from these playoffs - even though I think FSU was better last year than they are this season, I don't think they would have won the NC last year had we had a playoff. I think FSU lucked out facing Auburn, perhaps the weakest team matchup-wise that they could have faced between Auburn, Alabama, and Michigan State. And Auburn still almost took 'em. Only maybe Stanford and Baylor would have been weaker against FSU, and I think it would have been unlikely that they would have made the final cut.

At least under a 4-team playoff format, a pretender has to make it through two games against decent opponents instead of just one.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If they make the playoff, FSU will not make it out of the first round. They would have lost to ND on a neutral field. They have a good team, but there are many better teams out there.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
If they make the playoff, FSU will not make it out of the first round. They would have lost to ND on a neutral field. They have a good team, but there are many better teams out there.
I don't think this is really saying much, either. ND's best 2 games are a W vs a 3 loss Stanford team and a loss to FSU who doesn't have a signature win, IMHO. I think that both FSU and ND should be at the back end of the top 10.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Why do you feel the need to play a team that plays nothing but chumps all season long? They'll get what's coming to them this season, whether by your hand or by someone else's.
Unless they put 4 SEC teams in the playoffs that's going to be the case anyway. :)

Like FSU or not, they are the only team to be beat a SEC team in a National Championship game since 1996. They buys them more credibility than any other team outside of the SEC.

Last edited:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Three reasons for me:

1. I would love to see our team pound Winston for multiple reasons.
2. I would love to see our team win a NC beating the team that Auburn couldn't. Lots of fun poke backs when my Auburn friends get uppity.
3. It would hurt my feelings getting an easier route. We have been beat up with injuries all year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I believe LSU would be a tougher game for us.

I think Florida would finish no better than 5th in the West, and probably would not win the East if they played in the SEC this season. But we're going to be stuck with them making the playoff this year unless Louisville can somehow trip them up Thursday night.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Three reasons for me:

1. I would love to see our team pound Winston for multiple reasons.
2. I would love to see our team win a NC beating the team that Auburn couldn't. Lots of fun poke backs when my Auburn friends get uppity.
3. It would hurt my feelings getting an easier route. We have been beat up with injuries all year.
Wouldn't it be nice to hear the war chanters saying for the next 30 years "If Jameis hadn't got hurt"?

BamaJackPA

Aug 4, 2014

I think Florida would finish no better than 5th in the West, and probably would not win the East if they played in the SEC this season. But we're going to be stuck with them making the playoff this year unless Louisville can somehow trip them up Thursday night.
Louisville defense is pretty solid. JW has never scored less than 30 points in a game as a starter and Louisville D has not allowed 30 pts. in a game this season... Here's hoping...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Even if Florida continues to stumble and bumble along, they will still pull out all the stops for The Winstons on 11/29. Probably wishful thinking but they should be healthy and motivated coming off a home game against Eastern Kentucky. I will pray to the voodoo gods for Bazza's team between now and then. :)

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Even if Florida continues to stumble and bumble along, they will still pull out all the stops for The Winstons on 11/29. Probably wishful thinking but they should be healthy and motivated coming off a home game against Eastern Kentucky. I will pray to the voodoo gods for Bazza's team between now and then. :)
I wouldn't count out Miami either. They are capable of rising up at home against the Noles.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I forgot they haven't played Miami.

Florida and Miami have enough talent to give FSU a game if they can figure out how to pull their collective heads out of their collective rears.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.