Jimbo Blames the ESPN-SEC Connection for FSU's Doubters

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Clay Travis has a piece about this topic, but I won't link it since I know so many of you hate him.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Herby said today that ESPN- SEC Bias is ridiculous. ABC can not show an SEC team in its prime time slot due to contract agreement with SEC and cbs. A top ranked ACC, BIG12, pac12 or Big 10 would benefit their parent network, ABC. . That argument is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I can't decide if Jimbo actually believes the garbage that comes out of his mouth or is just lying. I tend to think that he couldn't possibly be that stupid. He's just a liar.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
Jimbo once had a promising future, but he is letting his thugs pull him down. He has lost all credibility. Wonder how many schools will be clamering for his services?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think Jimbo has a valid point.

After all, it's not like ESPN ever reported about:

1) Four Alabama Players Dismissed From Team For Robbery....

2) The Murder of two Former Auburn Football Players

3) Jimmy Johns Arrested for Cocaine

4) Florida Dimissing Jenkins For Drugs

5) Ole Miss Dismissing Two Players for Public Drunkenness

And ESPN never said a single word negative about:

Cam Newton
Johnny Manziel (ESPN never said anything about "Johnny Cash")
Zach Mettenberger
Nick Marshall

Nope, Fisher is right. ESPN is to blame for all of his problems.

Just like they were to blame for the institutional problems at Ohio State and Penn State.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Jumbo is showing us who he is. "What you do speaks so loud I can't hear what you say"- N.S.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Some Bama fans have mentioned Jimbo's name to replace CNS when he retires. This guy comes across as a whiner with no backbone and very little discipline in his program.
I hope he's never considered to coach at Alabama!

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Thats honestly the first I have ever heard of Fisher being mentioned as CNS replacement. It was like when CPB died who ever thought we would wind up with Ray Perkins. We had idiots running the athletic department after CPB retired. So any talk of CNS replacement is just crap . IMHO

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Some Bama fans have mentioned Jimbo's name to replace CNS when he retires. This guy comes across as a whiner with no backbone and very little discipline in his program.
I hope he's never considered to coach at Alabama!
I've never heard that. No school with any integrity would touch him. If he leaves it will be for the NFL I think.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I've never heard that. No school with any integrity would touch him. If he leaves it will be for the NFL I think.
To do what in the NFL? Honestly. The guy has talent galore because of the physical location of the university going up against teams from a pathetic conference. Quality wins at best Clemson, Ok St, ND, Louisville. Now that's brutal.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Friends and family that know me will tell everyone I have an uncanny ability to read people. It drove my kids crazy during their teenage years as I counseled them about friends and contacts. Having said that, when I watch videos of Jimbo, I honestly can't tell if he's corrupt, blinded by loyalty, naive, ignorant, sincere in his beliefs, disrespectful, or some combination of these traits. I simply can't read the guy.

How could a Head Coach at a major university be so dumb (can't think of another word) as to claim a conspiracy between the SEC and ESPN? Leave that garbage to the fans.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Jimbo is doing his best to deflect the "shortcomings" of his players == rape, battery, robbery, hate speech, etc. If anyone buys into the SEC/ESPN connection argument, their media credentials should be revoked.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.