Link: How Would FSU perform in the SEC? (Prediction machine)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
With MSU's Schedule, 8 -3.

Putting Florida State's unblemished record aside, the defending national champions have a weak claim to a playoff spot. FSU has played just the 35th ranked schedule in the nation. The Seminoles have only beaten one opponent (Notre Dame) that currently ranks inside the top 25 of our most recent Power Rankings.
FSU in the SEC

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I tend to defer to record, at least within the power 5 conferences, but there's no question at all that if FSU loses, they should fall below quite a few one loss teams. The fact that they are (luckily) undefeated is the only justification for such a high ranking.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
They knew what they were doing when they chose the ACC over the SEC when they chose a conference to join. There is no way they would be living as high on the hog as they are now in the SEC. I don't even know if the teams in the sec west will be surviving with the round robin they are all having to go through.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I tend to defer to record, at least within the power 5 conferences, but there's no question at all that if FSU loses, they should fall below quite a few one loss teams. The fact that they are (luckily) undefeated is the only justification for such a high ranking.
Agreed - if they win out then they have earned the right to lose in the first round of the playoff.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
They beat the SEC champ last year and they're undefeated since then. That's all that matters right now, whether I like it or not.

I would welcome meeting FSU in the first round of the playoffs, though. If that scenario were to play out, we would treat them like we did Notre Dame. I would personally enjoy every second of that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It there are two SEC teams in the playoff's then rest assured they will play each other in the first round. The committee would not want an all SEC final.
If two SEC teams get in, neither will care who they play in the first round. Only the fans will notice or care about something like this.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I just saw a blurb by sbnation ,,computer says FSU would go 9-3 in sec. Sounds about right.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
East or West? Which team do you swap them with?

Really, you see this said a lot about a lot of teams and there is merit to the argument, but no way of knowing. I doubt seriously any of us thought (I know I didn't) that Missouri or A&M would have done as well to date. I think they would be a strong program with at least a loss or two every year and a down year here and there. I think the team they have now is talented enough to probably win the East and be at least as strong as LSU is right now in the West with an outside shot at winning that side too.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
The link is provided in the opening post.

East or West? Which team do you swap them with?

Really, you see this said a lot about a lot of teams and there is merit to the argument, but no way of knowing. I doubt seriously any of us thought (I know I didn't) that Missouri or A&M would have done as well to date. I think they would be a strong program with at least a loss or two every year and a down year here and there. I think the team they have now is talented enough to probably win the East and be at least as strong as LSU is right now in the West with an outside shot at winning that side too.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The link is provided in the opening post.
My apologies. I did read the link afterwards, but was just reacting to the thread title. They have already proven they can beat Auburn. They would have had them at home too. They could have had trouble with LSU and possibly TAM at that point . No telling, but I could easily see them undefeated at this point.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
My apologies. I did read the link afterwards, but was just reacting to the thread title. They have already proven they can beat Auburn. They would have had them at home too. They could have had trouble with LSU and possibly TAM at that point . No telling, but I could easily see them undefeated at this point.
FSU isn't the same quality team that they were last January .

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
They beat the SEC champ last year and they're undefeated since then. That's all that matters right now, whether I like it or not.

I would welcome meeting FSU in the first round of the playoffs, though. If that scenario were to play out, we would treat them like we did Notre Dame. I would personally enjoy every second of that.
IF, they were in the SEC they would be like Georgia. A winning program going no where.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Thought this was a different season? 2014, not 2013. Just sayin' ... I only post here.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I'm not sure how they'd perform, but I bet Spurrier's pre-game press conferences would be comedy gold.

hypothetical darth visor said:
It's a challenging week preparing for those Noles 'cause you aren't sure which ones will make bail by game time.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.