Tyren Jones suspended from the team for now.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Drake won't be 100% next fall and Jones is suspended right now. I forgot about Tenpenny..
What are you talking about. Drake could be back by the AU game but most likely will be full speed by bowl game at least. It was a serious injury but not what everyone thought. A dislocation with a fracture. Not a tib/fib break like prothro. Henry had almost the same injury and was back to full speed in 3-4 months.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What makes you think that? Most players with that type of injury are back to form in much less than a year.
What are you talking about. Drake could be back by the AU game but most likely will be full speed by bowl game at least. It was a serious injury but not what everyone thought. A dislocation with a fracture. Not a tib/fib break like prothro. Henry had almost the same injury and was back to full speed in 3-4 months.
What are you basing this on? I wouldnt be shocked if he was back for A Day.
I'm no doctor it is just my opinion. I hope he is back 100% as fast as he can be. Normally serious injuries take a full 12 months to be back to where the player was before the injury. See Eddie Jackson. Most people thought he would be 100% by the second or third game. That Arkansas TE clean out ran him to the end zone. Eddie still doesn't look 100% to my eye. I was just reiterating that I'm glad Bo will be on campus in January. Would love to have Drake back 100% also..

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
What is with these continuous problems with Atlanta kids ...

Kamara. Drake. Freitag. Jones.

Given the array of behavioral issues that always seem to hit UGA, you wonder if there's something in the Chattahoochee.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I'm no doctor it is just my opinion. I hope he is back 100% as fast as he can be. Normally serious injuries take a full 12 months to be back to where the player was before the injury. See Eddie Jackson. Most people thought he would be 100% by the second or third game. That Arkansas TE clean out ran him to the end zone. Eddie still doesn't look 100% to my eye. I was just reiterating that I'm glad Bo will be on campus in January. Would love to have Drake back 100% also..
A Eddie's torn ACL is not really comparable to a broken leg and dislocated ankle, as long as everything heals properly.

I do agree that we need Bo as soon as we can get him. Hopefully we'll get at least one more RB along with Flowers in the upcoming class. As we've seen several times over the last few years, you can't have too many good RB's.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
According to the link Ronnie Clark was moved to RB and then injured his Achilles?! . . . I missed that piece of info. Was wondering why we were not seeing him on special teams and some blowout time.

Dang.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Actually, although it sounds worse, in most cases broken bones are easier to fix than muscle /tendons.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Right now, we're okay short term. Here's why:
Yeldon is in boot, and probably won't practice much this week, but I expect him to be full go next week.
Henry- he's making progress, and Starting to play better.
Fowler- He's going to be third options behind those guys and possible going foward for rest of the season. Fowler hasn't had lot of reps at RB this year, so its understandable that He fumbled the ball, but no excuses though.
Jones- He wlil be fine. I think this is related to his grades and I think We'll see him back either next week or two weeks from now. He is someone to watch for in the next few games.
Tennpenny- He's real good and he could spilt time with Fowler as third option for the game.

Now, remember what we talked about Drake and mismatch it creates for the linebacker? Well, we have one in Fowler.
Think about it, he can line up anywhere on the line and they don't know what he'll do. He can be in I formation, regular formation, spread, as H back, as TE, as RB, as FB, etc. He's very verstaile and dude could do lot of damages for the team. It makes sense to incorporate him more in the gameplans against LSU... Think about it: Yeldon/Henry/Fowler and Tenpenny (LSU Defense will be wore out by third quarter) I think we wlil focus more on running game and I think the offense will open more. I don't think we're necessary thin at RBs or on OL. I really do think we'll be okay. As long we get our people back for Miss state game.. we're going to throw the book at Miss state... and Auburn too.. I think we're going to open up playbook against those two.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.