Week 1 College football playoff poll released

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm telling you guys right now if Ole Miss wins out and we win out, we are not in that top 4! We do not control our destiny yet. Ole Miss has to be knocked out of there!
I believe you are overreacting. Logically, that doesn't work. They have put us at #6 right now. Our schedule only gets tougher from here on out, so we're not going to get penalized there. We'll face #1 and #3 as long as they don't crap out before we get to them on the schedule.

I was concerned before but now that I've seen the first real poll, my concern has been alleviated.

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
So I know everyone here wants Ole Miss to lose, but I can't do it (For obvious reasons lol). To me I see a way where both are in that involves both of them beating Barn and Fail State. I'm all in for that. :cheers2:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
No problems here the barn is going to have to beat ole Siss to help us out though. Helps that we still play 2 out of the top 4.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
This is the best news possible as it shows that the committee is not opposed to having multiple teams from the same conference in the final four.
Even better, it clearly shows that in their opinion the SEC is much better than Big12 or Big10 and they're willing to put it in writing.

Like everyone has said, this poll just tells us if we win out we are in, regardless of what anyone outside the SEC accomplishes. I would submit that we don't even need to be concerned about Ole Miss any longer, they look willing to 'overlook' conference championships.

My biggest concern was the domers but not any longer, if the committee elevates them over a one loss Bama they would lose a lot of credibility (nod to Krazy there!)...

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
They lost to a completely different LSU team. LSU has just now come together and they should not be overly penalized for the MSU loss. MSU is #1 and they 'made a game out of it late'. Now...I can't explain what happened against AU other than it just being a crazy anomaly. But all that's about LSU.

Ole Miss straight beat us head to head and have the same record. For a group of people trying to be 'fair and unbiased' which is what I want then there is no business in having us ahead of them.

I know we are better but we can't prove that without a rematch or OM losing another game. We will either move up with them as other teams drop or pass them if they lose. We are not jumping them though. It's what it is.
And we are a better team than when we played Ole Miss. Can you say with a straight face that if Bama played Ole Miss Saturday that Bama would lose that game?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm OK with the Poll right now. Bottom Lines are:

1. SEC West gets RESPECT!

2. It's all about earning it now by winning out!
Yeah, the main complaint here is that Alabama is the #4 ranked team in the SEC West. But, they haven't beaten any of the ones ahead of them either, so I can't gripe too much.

I'm with krazy about how low they put Notre Dame. I thought they would be a little higher. We are in good shape. Win out and we are in.
The Notre Dame thing, it fits with the quality win logic, but I have to wonder if the conference stuff wasn't involved a bit. That's the only thing I find unnerving at all, but otherwise it seems like winning is all it will take.
Alabama does not need to make it to Atlanta to make it to the playoff, tonight showed that with how the teams are ranked and why. So win out, and no matter what happens from here, I believe Alabama is in.
I agree and I think avoiding Atlanta ends up being the easiest path. For those that really, really doubt the committee though, I get why they wouldn't want to leave that part up to chance, but playing in Atlanta is taking a chance as well.

Insert stupid playoff committee quote here
I still hate this part, but I'd like to see a quote about their discussion concerning Alabama's injuries against Ole Miss. That's one of those parts in which they can be as selective as they want to, and I hate the idea that those losses can be treated differently later on, should they choose to do so.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
This committee is bad news guys. Like Kirk said before the selection, its about the 4 best teams in the country. Those happy with us at #6, do you not believe we are one of the top 4 teams in the country right now, at this moment?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
And we are a better team than when we played Ole Miss. Can you say with a straight face that if Bama played Ole Miss Saturday that Bama would lose that game?
Dude I said in my last paragraph "I know we are better". I think Bama should have won the original game, I think we'd beat them this Sat. and I KNOW we would KILL them in a Semi-Final....BUT.....

The committee is showing me that they are making head-to-head and quality wins a priority. Even IF we had a strong case of more 'great' wins than Ole Miss they are not going to make that move when Ole Miss beat us straight up. If the shoe was on the other foot you would be IRATE. If we beat OM by 6 at home and lost by 3 in Death Valley to LSU and Ole Miss 're-jumped' us.....think about it.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Ummm how about the center that was hurt against Ole Miss?
In their defense, they had to have discussed Alabama's three injuries against Ole Miss, and Ole Miss' injuries against LSU. Heck, what losses didn't involve injuries? It's a stupid criteria and just gives them the ability to be biased when they want to be. But, it's not like they screwed over the SEC, so that's one sigh of relief.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
No, in fact if that game had been at BD it likely would have been a ten point swing, BUT, we are simply going to have to prove it on the field, no matter what we all know:smile:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Interesting theory/point Krazy3. So you're saying that playing that extra Conference Championship game maybe a curse where this playoff is concerned. I can actually see that point. Whoever ends up losing that game will most definitely be out no matter what. Its also an extra game in a game where the players are not used to going over a certain amount of games. So its a bit more wear and tear and fatigue too.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Yeah, the main complaint here is that Alabama is the #4 ranked team in the SEC West. But, they haven't beaten any of the ones ahead of them either, so I can't gripe too much.

The Notre Dame thing, it fits with the quality win logic, but I have to wonder if the conference stuff wasn't involved a bit. That's the only thing I find unnerving at all, but otherwise it seems like winning is all it will take.

I agree and I think avoiding Atlanta ends up being the easiest path. For those that really, really doubt the committee though, I get why they wouldn't want to leave that part up to chance, but playing in Atlanta is taking a chance as well.

I still hate this part, but I'd like to see a quote about their discussion concerning Alabama's injuries against Ole Miss. That's one of those parts in which they can be as selective as they want to, and I hate the idea that those losses can be treated differently later on, should they choose to do so.
How can you not want to play for an SEC Championship?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I believe you are overreacting. Logically, that doesn't work. They have put us at #6 right now. Our schedule only gets tougher from here on out, so we're not going to get penalized there. We'll face #1 and #3 as long as they don't crap out before we get to them on the schedule.

I was concerned before but now that I've seen the first real poll, my concern has been alleviated.
I think people are overestimating the rankings right now and not looking deeper into the outsiders. Ill give you a few...
5.Oregon
7.TCU
8.MchST
9.KSU
12. ARZ
13.Baylor
14. asu
15.Neb
16.OSU

those confernces that appear on the outside have multiple teams that can very possibly find themselves with multiple top 10 teams by championship weekend here look at this example:

Championship weekend
1.FSU plays duke in ACCCG
2.Ole Miss plays UGA in SECCG
3.Bama sitting at home
4.Oregon playing 8 ARZ in PAC 12
5.Mich St playing 9 Nebraska
6.TCU playing a final game that weekend

If that scenario plays out tell me you are not a bit worried

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.