Week 1 College football playoff poll released

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
I don't think he is saying he does not want to play for an SEC Championship, just that in the position Alabama is currently in with the teams they have left, they don't need Atlanta to make the playoff. Win the rest and in, Atlanta only adds one more opportunity to lose and get dropped out of the top four that may not be necessary. Theoretically.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Don't know why they even bother putting one out this early. Just going to cause unneeded controversy.
Because if you are number 6 you need to know what type of work you've got to do to get in the playoffs. I think it is good for motivation.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Dude I said in my last paragraph "I know we are better". I think Bama should have won the original game, I think we'd beat them this Sat. and I KNOW we would KILL them in a Semi-Final....BUT.....

The committee is showing me that they are making head-to-head and quality wins a priority. Even IF we had a strong case of more 'great' wins than Ole Miss they are not going to make that move when Ole Miss beat us straight up. If the shoe was on the other foot you would be IRATE. If we beat OM by 6 at home and lost by 3 in Death Valley to LSU and Ole Miss 're-jumped' us.....think about it.
Ok if you think we are better, then why is it ok for Ole Miss to be ahead of us? The whole intention of this playoff is to select the best four teams in the country. If you think we are better, we should be #4. I think the AP voters believe we are number 3 because they think we are the third best team in the country right now.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I think it is a very favorable rating for Bama. If Bama wins out it almost certainly will be in. This shows the committee is picking who they think is best, and not worried about conferences being represented.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Ok , I will say this again. Oregon and TCU are rated significantly higher than the one loss team that beat them. LSU beat Ole miss pretty good on the field . Most of us were watching Bama / UT. LSU's running game pushed Ole Miss around . I watched a lot of the game, and The tigers should of won by more than they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
I don't have a problem with the 1st ratings except that Oregon is rated ahead of us. As some one else said if we win out we should be in. An Ole Miss loss against the Barn would really help. I think the committee may be sending a message to N.D. to join a conf. or you might just get left out.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Ok , I will say this again. Oregon and TCU are rated significantly higher than the one loss team that beat them. LSU beat Ole miss pretty good on the field . Most of us were watching Bama / UT. LSU's running game pushed Ole Miss around . I watched a lot of the game, and The tigers should of won by more than they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy
Oh, if LSU had any semblance of a passing attack, they would have ran Ole Miss out of the building by 3-4+ TDs.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
I don't think he is saying he does not want to play for an SEC Championship, just that in the position Alabama is currently in with the teams they have left, they don't need Atlanta to make the playoff. Win the rest and in, Atlanta only adds one more opportunity to lose and get dropped out of the top four that may not be necessary. Theoretically.
I don't want the easiest path. I would like to enjoy watching Bama play in the SEC Championship game and having an opportunity to win another SEC Championship. If we lose, so be it. I would like the opportunity to be there.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Championship weekend
1.FSU plays duke in ACCCG
2.Ole Miss plays UGA in SECCG
3.Bama sitting at home
4.Oregon playing 8 ARZ in PAC 12
5.Mich St playing 9 Nebraska
6.TCU playing a final game that weekend

If that scenario plays out tell me you are not a bit worried
Let's say they are ranked exactly that way by the committee. I'm not worried at all the BIG10 winner isn't jumping Bama OR Oregon. They won't have anywhere close to the quality wins and that ONE game isn't justification to jump either Bama or Oregon after trailing them for 5-6 weeks.

TCU has a loss where a team dropped 60+ points on them and they have to leap TWO teams. Maybe they are dangerous but the rest of their schedule is LITE. They play WVU this weekend so as long as they don't beat them worse than us then they probably are not a factor. They have ZERO teams ranked after WVU.

We would have beaten LSU, MSU, and AU down the stretch. We are not getting leapfrogged.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
We are sitting RIGHT where I want to be! All we have to do is win out! I actually thought we'd be a little lower.

Beat LSU and we'll move up one spot because either Auburn or Ole Miss is going to lose this week and one of the two will drop down. I think that Ole Miss will drop down. So we'll be no lower than #5.

Beat Mittittippi Tate the week after LSU and we move up no lower than #4 because we beat the #1 team.

Since every player puts his pants on one leg at a time, we'll need to take care of W. Carolina in a BIG way!

Beat the Barn and we are in the Top 3 or 4 at least, maybe higher. I do sorta hope they have the highest score in the game against Ole Miss. I do like being ranked lower than them when we play the Barn! That will help to get our juices flowing! Maybe it will be somewhat like the game against aTm. Don't bank on it though.

Beat Georgia and we are in, no lower than #2. This will NOT be easy.

We do have a long hard row to hoe, so it's NOT going to be easy, but it all depends on what Bama does! There can be no excuses for not getting in the Playoffs if we win out.

If we can't do that we do not deserve to be in the final four!

Now, this is all based on their Ranking today. With a woman on the committee, well you know they change their minds and can influence men to change theirs. After all, she was a diplomat for the USA. Her being from B'ham doesn't hurt!

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Yep. Everyone wants Ole Miss to lose. Bet it galls you that "Zerogon" is at 5. lol.

Oregon does not bother me, Ole Miss at #4 when they just lost to a #21, two loss LSU team does. How can anyone on that committee think right now Ole Miss would beat Bama is beyond me. I guess they think the AP voters are idiots who have Bama at 3 and Ole Miss at 7. Make no sense!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
How can you not want to play for an SEC Championship?
At this point, and until I feel the committee has lost all credibility (they don't have much now, but didn't just throw it away either), I will value national championships over SEC championships. The SEC championship game would be important if I felt like Alabama really was a "bubble" team, but right now Alabama could have 4 quality wins, with two of those being top ten wins. I don't feel like their resume will need anything else, and yes I'd prefer one less chance to lose and one less chance to sustain serious injuries.
Interesting theory/point Krazy3. So you're saying that playing that extra Conference Championship game maybe a curse where this playoff is concerned. I can actually see that point. Whoever ends up losing that game will most definitely be out no matter what. Its also an extra game in a game where the players are not used to going over a certain amount of games. So its a bit more wear and tear and fatigue too.
The only team that could lose in that game, and not be out for sure would be Miss. State. At that point though, Alabama would have to be out of it, as would Ole Miss. Miss. State would hold the head to head over Auburn, and the loss would be a quality loss, so that could actually be forgiven. All other scenarios and that game is just to play your way out of a playoff, there's no path for a two loss team getting in as of yet.
Don't know why they even bother putting one out this early. Just going to cause unneeded controversy.
I really, really, really hated the committee idea but that was downgraded to really, really hated the committee idea when I heard when they'd release their first standings. This limits their ability to do shenanigans down the road. We know what their rankings were, we know who they considered the best teams to be. If they suddenly decide they only want conference champs or something in there, they'll have exposed themselves fully as a group of biased unethical dolts. The more open the process, the better.
I don't want to defend the committee, but I actually like their rational more than just going with head to head. They are going by quality wins, which actually was a big part of the old BCS formula before that whole LSU/Oklahoma thing that kept USC out. I suppose they have both quality wins and quality losses. If you have one quality win and one quality loss, they'll rank you below a team that has two quality wins and one quality loss, even if they beat the other team. It's kind of odd, but I get it, especially once you start to go down the rabbit hole of who beat who.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Let's say they are ranked exactly that way by the committee. I'm not worried at all the BIG10 winner isn't jumping Bama OR Oregon. They won't have anywhere close to the quality wins and that ONE game isn't justification to jump either Bama or Oregon after trailing them for 5-6 weeks.

TCU has a loss where a team dropped 60+ points on them and they have to leap TWO teams. Maybe they are dangerous but the rest of their schedule is LITE. They play WVU this weekend so as long as they don't beat them worse than us then they probably are not a factor. They have ZERO teams ranked after WVU.

We would have beaten LSU, MSU, and AU down the stretch. We are not getting leapfrogged.
I hope, but it isnt really reassuring that Ole Miss has stayed in their top 4 after losing to a team thatwould be the bad news bears of the SEC if not for Missouri.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.