Week 1 College football playoff poll released

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think the biggest surprise to me is that UGA isn't top 10. No Love!

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
Ole Miss lost to LSU (ranked 19), Oregon lost at home to unranked Arizona, both are ahead of Alabama, who lost to Ole Miss (ranked 7 at the time) not the road. Seems like Alabama loss was better than the Ole Miss and Oregon loss, but they are ranked ahead? Yea, that makes sense.... Even if you aren't an Alabama fan, you have to admit that doesn't add up...
It adds up on the field. I was in the stands and watched it happen. Not bashing Alabama, I'm a fan too, but it happened. Identical records with one head-to-head game separating them.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So, bottom line, the team that Las Vegas has favored on a neutral field over every other team in CFB , and ESPN statistical metrics and Sagarins computer ranks #1 , is ranked 6th by the committee. My only concern really is if they came to that conclusion honestly. If so, no problem. Wonder if the fact that one fourth of the committee is PAC12 kept Oregon where they were.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, one thing's for sure at least. We either win them all, and hope for the best, or we lose one and forget it.
I think we're gonna win them all.
If we don't, I'm o.k..
This is a very young team with a lot of first time starters.
That really makes a difference.
Roll Tide, and let's kick LSU's buttocks!
That's step one to wherever we're headed, and it will all work out.
sip

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We lost on the road to an undefeated top 5 team. They lost to a 2 loss #21 ranked team last week. So if we played Saturday, who would win? The committee has to ask themselves that and we all know the answer. Who are the top 4 teams now?!?!! Are you buying Ole Miss?
Sir -we lost the damned football game.

Quit acting like an Auburn fan as if that didn't happen.

You and I both know that if we had beaten them, you'd be screaming bloody murder about how we had already proven it head to head.

Have a bit of consistency please.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Not all that bad of a record for how ruthlessly Oregon gets smeared by SEC fans. Lost to championship winning Auburn by only 3 after a fluke play by them. Lost to championship bound LSU, who also happened to beat a championship Alabama team in the regular season.
I got that.
Look, Oregon the last decade has been a decent team. Not sure how good because of the conference they play in, but decent.
Not many fans of upper tier SEC teams are exactly shaking in their boots at the prospect of playing the Ducks in the play-off. Certainly Alabama fans, if Coach Saban is given a month to scheme against them, will have no fear.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I am ok with this. We win. We are in. Keep in mind Oregon's offensive line was decimated. The committee takes into consideration these kinds of things among others. You cannot just compare loss to loss on a stand alone basis. But as for Alabama, we control our destiny. The loss to Ole Miss though means there is no margin for error from here on out.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So what you're saying is ORE has never beaten a ranked SEC team OR an SEC team with a winning record.

TENNESSEE is 7-29 in conference since Oregon played them in 2010 and has yet to post a winning record overall in that time. Big accomplishment

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

You and I both know that if we had beaten them, you'd be screaming bloody murder about how we had already proven it head to head.

I'm with you Selma. It's making me want to bang my head into a wall. I've tried to explain the scenario as politely as possible but it's not hitting home for a couple people.

Maybe your direct approach will take ;)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, one thing's for sure at least. We either win them all, and hope for the best, or we lose one and forget it.
I think we're gonna win them all.
If we don't, I'm o.k..
This is a very young team with a lot of first time starters.
That really makes a difference.
Roll Tide, and let's kick LSU's buttocks!
That's step one to wherever we're headed, and it will all work out.
sip
I think we will. I think its intresting Kiffin vs Chavis and Smart vs Cameron. We should win them all

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - I hope everyone who was saying, "they'll never put two teams from the same conference in the playoff" and all that other stuff is at least having an attack of conscience.

Doesn't make the committee any better of an idea but given all the whining around here, I think a tad bit of remorse is justified. Oh that's right....they only did this because this one doesn't count, right?

Jeez...

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham

Yes, we lost the game 3 weeks ago, but looking at the top 4 teams TODAY, Bama is clearly a better team than Ole Miss.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I am ok with this. We win. We are in. Keep in mind Oregon's offensive line was decimated. The committee takes into consideration these kinds of things among others. You cannot just compare loss to loss on a stand alone basis. But as for Alabama, we control our destiny. The loss to Ole Miss though means there is no margin for error from here on out.
Injuries are part of football. So Bama gets hit hard by injuries on the road in Oxford and lose a game they should just suck it up and play on........?

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
The biggest quality win in all of college football, this season, was us beating Texas A&M 59-0.
Nothing else is even close.
Not even in the same stratosphere.
sip
Disagree. This is not smack talk, but A&M is garbage compared to Michigan State. Our signature win is more significant so far. Obviously you have several chances left ahead of you to get some significant wins.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.