Week 1 College football playoff poll released

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
couldn't agree more. and they're a bigger threat to any of these arguments that we're too good to not be in the playoff too.
I agree also. I wish I could get comfortable with the psyche of this team. I feel like I haven't figured them out yet...

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Personally, I'm with Coach Saban, I don't give a rat spit where we are ranked right now...I've read several posts on this thread, and seen a ton of different views and their arguments. The ones on here saying that their fine with it and others that aren't. I see both sides. But really my take is, just win boys... WIN, one game atta time....that's all that matters...We win, we're in. And personally, in a way, I kinda like where were at because I think it will motivate this team and put a chip on their shoulder to prove otherwise. Ain't nothing more dangerous than a p-offed team with something to prove.;)

Last edited:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I agree also. I wish I could get comfortable with the psyche of this team. I feel like I haven't figured them out yet...
It's certainly exassperating. High potential for sure but never sure what's going to show up. I thought after A&M things had clicked and it looked that way for a while against TN but then it seemed like they just lost focus and played hesitantly/half heartedly for the rest of the game. Frustrating for us fans who see so much talent but it is what it is...I'm sure they are frustrated at times themselves not to mention the coaches. RTR.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I put that in this thread somewhere. This is a good team , but not a Bama standard team. To inconsistent, turnovers , penalties, and injuries.

Call me crazy, I think we lose in Baton Rouge and win vs The Barn and Miss St. Now, that being said, watch Bama beat the tigers by 3 TDs , i mean that could happen as well with this team.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I put that in this thread somewhere. This is a good team , but not a Bama standard team. To inconsistent, turnovers , penalties, and injuries.

Call me crazy, I think we lose in Baton Rouge and win vs The Barn and Miss St. Now, that being said, watch Bama beat the tigers by 3 TDs , i mean that could happen as well with this team.
I agree that this team has yet to really establish their identity. That being the case this late in the season doesn't bode well for them.
I don't think LSU is better than AU or MSU this year. If we lose to LSU, we're also likely to lose to both MSU and the barn.
The "Committee" is doing it's level best to keep Bama out of the playoffs, and will do whatever is within their power (while trying to make themselves look somewhat objective in the process) to make that happen.
There are only 3 things we can do to put us back in the playoffs. Win, Win and Win.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The "Committee" is doing it's level best to keep Bama out of the playoffs, and will do whatever is within their power (while trying to make themselves look somewhat objective in the process) to make that happen.
I don't share this sentiment. The only group that's going to keep Bama out of the playoffs is Bama.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I agree that this team has yet to really establish their identity. That being the case this late in the season doesn't bode well for them.
I don't think LSU is better than AU or MSU this year. If we lose to LSU, we're also likely to lose to both MSU and the barn.
There are only 3 things we can do to put us back in the playoffs. Win, Win and Win.

I don't necessarily agree either. I don't think it is a conspiracy. But, To say you have taken this in account for this team or head to head was a big factor for that team , and we used this criteria for certain teams and we know it applies to several other teams. All this suggests that the committee members were unaware of some things. that is my biggest concern. If they are ignorant of things going on, they have about as much credibility in evaluating teams as my grand daughter.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
The first ranking was the most important ranking they are likely to ever make. It set the precedent, it shut up Danny and a lot of other idiots. From now on you'll start hearing a lot less about conference championships and a lot more about quality wins.
How could anyone know how much value will be placed on conference championships? There are none yet.
How could anyone know how much a team will be devalued by not playing? No one has not played yet.
As cuda said, at this point they could rank five SEC teams in the top six, but when it counts the SEC will only get one, and quite possibly none. At this point, five SEC west teams could easily be 6-2 (I don't know who would go to the ccg in that case :conf3: ), beat the east champ, and you'd end up with a two loss SEC champ. You think a two loss SEC champ will get in over say a one loss Big 10 champ?
I've seen several posts that say if we win out, we're in. Suppose on the week of the ccg's Bama is #4 and, for example, MSU is #5. We're 11-1 and sitting while they get a conference championship and a quality win, and they won't pass us? :conf3:

It's not only about inclusion but also exclusion. IMO, the only way an 11-1 SEC runnerup Bama gets in, is if there are only four unbeaten or one loss teams to chose from. If Bama can win out (and that's a very big if) and a few others, with much easier games remaining do also, who's gonna be left out? A 12-1 Pac-12 champ Oregon, a 12-1 Big-12 champ MSU, an 11-1 Big-12 champ TCU? Assuming it's FSU, SEC champ and Bama, two of those would be left out.

There are way to many games left, all we need to do is win. With this team we could go 3-0 in our last conference games...or we could go 0-3...ya never know which Bama team will show up.;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't share this sentiment. The only group that's going to keep Bama out of the playoffs is Bama.
Alabama is the only party that can keep Alabama out of the playoffs too. We've got the games in front of us that a strong finish means a 2-seed minimum. I don't get the whining over our placement because it is actually great for us. I think this team seems like the kinda team that plays better as the hunter than the hunted.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Alabama is the only party that can keep Alabama out of the playoffs too. We've got the games in front of us that a strong finish means a 2-seed minimum. I don't get the whining over our placement because it is actually great for us. I think this team seems like the kinda team that plays better as the hunter than the hunted.
Let's just win baby! Let's just win. That's the deciding factor! Sip

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Never heard of west coast bias before. Like SEC bias, I don't think it exists.
Keeping Ole Miss, who just lost to a barely ranked LSU in the playoff brackets, would probably qualify as SEC bias if it exists. I'm fine with Auburn who lost to Miss State, and Miss State, but Ole Miss? No. They don't belong there at this point in time.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Keeping Ole Miss, who just lost to a barely ranked LSU in the playoff brackets, would probably qualify as SEC bias if it exists. I'm fine with Auburn who lost to Miss State, and Miss State, but Ole Miss? No. They don't belong there at this point in time.
Eh, they have the best win off one-loss teams by their poll...quality wins seemingly mean a lot to the committee. Again, this solves itself this weekend: Oregon has Stanford (who have haunted the ducks lately); #3 v. #4 face off. Oregon will be top 4 next week with a win.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
How could anyone know how much value will be placed on conference championships? There are none yet.
How could anyone know how much a team will be devalued by not playing? No one has not played yet.
As cuda said, at this point they could rank five SEC teams in the top six, but when it counts the SEC will only get one, and quite possibly none. At this point, five SEC west teams could easily be 6-2 (I don't know who would go to the ccg in that case :conf3: ), beat the east champ, and you'd end up with a two loss SEC champ. You think a two loss SEC champ will get in over say a one loss Big 10 champ?
I've seen several posts that say if we win out, we're in. Suppose on the week of the ccg's Bama is #4 and, for example, MSU is #5. We're 11-1 and sitting while they get a conference championship and a quality win, and they won't pass us? :conf3:

It's not only about inclusion but also exclusion. IMO, the only way an 11-1 SEC runnerup Bama gets in, is if there are only four unbeaten or one loss teams to chose from. If Bama can win out (and that's a very big if) and a few others, with much easier games remaining do also, who's gonna be left out? A 12-1 Pac-12 champ Oregon, a 12-1 Big-12 champ MSU, an 11-1 Big-12 champ TCU? Assuming it's FSU, SEC champ and Bama, two of those would be left out.

There are way to many games left, all we need to do is win. With this team we could go 3-0 in our last conference games...or we could go 0-3...ya never know which Bama team will show up.;)
The five way tie at 6-2 involves all losses being to other West Division teams. In that scenario the tie would go to Tie-breaker "G". The barn would win that tie by virtue of playing UGA and SC. The combined SEC record of those two would trump all of the others.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.