Week 1 College football playoff poll released

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I get it. We've really only beaten WVU when you start a quality win column. The positive is that our opportunity is right in front of us.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Total BS!!!!! I hope everyone understands the importance now of Auburn beating Ole Miss. We need those guys taken out and then we can take care of Auburn.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think they got 90 percent right, but Oregon ahead of them? IF we were #5, I would be okay with that. but #6? We really need Ole Miss to lose for us to have a chance. But keep that in mind, Ole Miss and Miss State/ Auburn and Alabama at end of season... :) Two " free" spots for us.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I will say that au will put a beating on ole siss. I will pull for au hard and you know that au will pull hard for us to beat miss st. I hope all the marbles is when Alabama plays au.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I approve, motivation, competition with 2 above. We are in perfect position if we win out. If not, it doesn't matter. It will shake out.
The poll is fine this week but I still dislike this format. Not fun sitting and waiting for the almighty committee to hand down its judgement. There really is still no need for a committee, the polls are a much fairer procedure, with less opportunity for human bias.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
We play two of the teams ahead of us and several of them play each other. All one could ask for if we keep winning.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ive gone from wow to oh no in a matter of minutes. I was happy it was multiple one losss SEC teams in there, but when I saw Ole Miss in at 4 I was oh no. The problem now is that we absolutly need ole Miss to lose to guarentee a seat because Oregon is ahead of us, TCU is on our tail, and both Big 10 teams are in striking distance. but the most alarming thing is Arizona at 12. We need Auburn to win to nulify Ole Miss. We need a chance for the SEC We need Thunder dome....

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Overall I am ok with the ratings. First glance tells me that I still want Auburn to beat Ole Miss but maybe not for the obvious reason of making our path to the SECCG easier. From the 6 spot I think it is good to have Miss St and Auburn ahead of us in the ratings until we play them. We have zero control over Ole Miss.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
when I saw Ole Miss in at 4 I was oh no. The problem now is that we absolutly need ole Miss to lose to guarentee a seat
Ole Miss plays both Auburn and Mississippi State so they should mostly take care of each other. Alabama still has Mississippi State and Auburn so that leaves plenty of opportunity for quality wins.

It's true that Ole Miss has to lose and Alabama has to win out to absolutely guarantee a seat, but the #1, #3 and #4 teams have 3 games amongst each other so that will clear out a lot of space.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Disappointing to see. - TCU is 7th , Baylor is 13th. - Oregon is 5th, Arizona is 12th. Guess head to head only counts if it is Alabama. Injuries only count if it happens to Oregon I have never been a black helicopter , foil hat kind of guy. But almost all the metrics point to Alabama in the top 4. The reason it is disappointing is I think the 4th seed will have 2 losses. If we drop the LSU game and beat Auburn and Miss st. We may get bumped in favor of another 2 loss team. Win out and it's all ok, but ....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.