Adam Griffith Dealing with 'Physical Problem' That's Impacting Practice Routine

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

He made his first seven kicks overall, but hit a rough patch in recent weeks. Missing four of his next five kicks, Griffith's only attempted one field goal in the last two games.

Alabama coach Nick Saban offered some insight into the situation Tuesday.

"He's got a little bit of a physical problem that I'm not going to talk about that we've had to manage, which has affected his ability to kick maybe in practice as much as he's used to," Saban said.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I meant if you look at last year and this year, We are blessed to have depth at all positions. Griffith will probably be off this week and won't kick until next week. i see lot of players won't practice this week.
Uhh... Georgia has only lost one game and it was the third week of the season.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I wonder if his injury was caused by attempting to tackle punt returners. I seem to remember seeing him do this earlier this season.

I wonder if JK Scott might be available to do FG or at least PATs while Griffith recovers. We know Scott can do kickoffs.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Will someone who has kicked at some level please explain why limited practice would limit a great kicker that much? I can see where he'd have trouble if he's in pain or limited at gametime, but it's not like you change how you kick week to week somehow. Maybe what we're not saying it he really has a (probably groin) injury that messes up his kicks even after game warmup.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
This, to me, sounds like CNS putting something out there to get people off of the kicker's back. Not the exact truth, necessarily, but something. I agree that limited practice wouldn't affect a kicker that much and if he did have an injury that affected his ability to kick I'm not sure that I believe that CNS would continue to send him out there. The statement by CNS will change the question from why is the kicker struggling (and will he be replaced) - which focuses on the player - to what is the injury/how significant of an injury is it - which is directed at CNS.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Seriously... when has he ever done that to mislead the public?
This, to me, sounds like CNS putting something out there to get people off of the kicker's back. Not the exact truth, necessarily, but something. I agree that limited practice wouldn't affect a kicker that much and if he did have an injury that affected his ability to kick I'm not sure that I believe that CNS would continue to send him out there. The statement by CNS will change the question from why is the kicker struggling (and will he be replaced) - which focuses on the player - to what is the injury/how significant of an injury is it - which is directed at CNS.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Will someone who has kicked at some level please explain why limited practice would limit a great kicker that much? I can see where he'd have trouble if he's in pain or limited at gametime, but it's not like you change how you kick week to week somehow. Maybe what we're not saying it he really has a (probably groin) injury that messes up his kicks even after game warmup.
Just like with shooting a basketball or hitting a golf ball or swinging a bat, the more repetitions, the better.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Exactly 91, muscle memory. Practice makes perfect, the chance to use the lessons he's been taught.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Plus, if you have an injury your confidence has to slip a little cause the mechanics are/maybe a little different

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I feel like Blake Sims shoulder injury contributed to the Ole Miss loss. Blake is still relatively inexperienced at quarterback, the combination of missing those reps and any lingering issues had to have played a role. In some situations, it's a minor difference between a completion and something else.

With AG, he's a lot like Tiffin in terms of the leg he has. But, Tiffin had some struggles early, and AG might have more issues with the mental aspect of the game. Honestly, I can't blame the guy, I was a mess for a while because my home life turned to crap, and he's had to deal with a ton. That doesn't set you up for a lot of self esteem. So, one way to overcome any lack of confidence is to develop confidence in your routine, in yourself. You want to feel good, you want to look good, and that carries over into saying alright, I can go out there and do this.

But, you throw even a minor injury into the mix and suddenly it throws everything off. The confidence is gone, the routine is gone, and even if it's minor, you feel that nagging pain that feeds your doubts. It can't be easy for him to get his head right under those circumstance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.