Saban and Landon Collins Appear on SEC Film Room

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I watched last evening. He said he was "pleased" with how we responded and how we "finished" the game.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Enjoyed watching those - thank you RTR91.

When Coach Saban said that first play helps with "crowd control" - he means it stretches the field - and opens up the defense a bit - right?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

When Coach Saban said that first play helps with "crowd control" - he means it stretches the field - and opens up the defense a bit - right?
I enjoyed them too.

Interesting thought, maybe. I thought he was talking about quieting the home fans.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I enjoyed them too.

Interesting thought, maybe. I thought he was talking about quieting the home fans.
Yes......with conventional thinking - the definition of "crowd" at a football game would be the spectators.

Coach Saban is not a conventional coach - hence my question.

"A crowd is a crowd is a crowd" ~ Coach Shakespear :)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

i think he was referring to taking the crowd out of the game early, which is very important in a road game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In the show, Saban reviewed the wildcat play that was a loss of about 4 yards. He only addressed why the play failed (didn't properly line up and some other stuff) and admitted they properly should have called a timeout on the play.

Some of you may have noticed it during the game like I did, but Cooper was in the slot at the top of the screen next to Blake. When Dee White came on the sweep, Blake took a few steps back and Coop took off down the field. Looked like they were wanting to do something similar to this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.