Fisher is to blame at FSU

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Programs that operate with class, dignity and high character, as Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher defiantly says his does, do not repeatedly generate headlines better suited for a crime blotter than a sports section. They don't have top-notch defense attorneys on speed dial.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...illiams-jameis-winston-jimbo-fisher/18079975/

I think Jimbo is ruining his rep. It prolly won't matter to a school wanting to build a winner, like W. Kentucky, or example. Good to see him called out in USA Today.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I think Jimbo is ruining his rep. It prolly won't matter to a school wanting to build a winner, like W. Kentucky, for example.
Let's not forget before he became Criminole HC-in-waiting, ol' Jimbo was gonna be The Man at You-Ab before the trustees nipped his paycheck in the budget.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Right on point. Jimbo did not perform illegal acts, but he does perpetuate their continuance through his public support of perpetrators. He also attracts recruits that may continue this trend.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Instead of educating, Fisher has enabled, fostering a culture where accountability is an annoyance for other people and athletic talent is enough to absolve almost any sin. And Florida State and its faithful go right along with him.

The sad part is that instead of protecting his players, Fisher is setting them up for failure.

Very well stated.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Gotta say that I'm really torn about FSU. Part of me wants them to lose to Louisville tonight. The other part of me wants them to run the table and have Bama crush them in the playoffs.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
great article, horrible culture at FSU. Fisher needs to go, wonder how much embarrassment the BOR will take before demanding action. then again, they are the same BOR that forced Bowden to retire.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I'm getting to a point with FSU where I think people need to start producing some criminal charges or back off. I'm no fan of FSU or CJF and I do think there is likely fire behind all this smoke....but I think that some pretty harsh attacks are being launched without the documented substance to back them up. From what I've read it seems like people assume that CJF, the FSU athletic department, and Tallahassee Police department, and the NCAA are all covering up some/all actions by FSU. And not a single criminal arrest so far.

Tell me who the conspiracy theorists are again?

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
great article, horrible culture at FSU. Fisher needs to go, wonder how much embarrassment the BOR will take before demanding action. then again, they are the same BOR that forced Bowden to retire.
The only embarassment that would force the FSU BOR to demand action would be losing games.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Gotta say that I'm really torn about FSU. Part of me wants them to lose to Louisville tonight. The other part of me wants them to run the table and have Bama crush them in the playoffs.
No conflict here - FSU is only in the playoffs now because of the win over ND, and the fact they are unbeaten. One loss and they fall back mid-pack of the one loss teams and probably out of the playoffs due to SoS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.