CFN Barn vs Black Bears or is it the Rebels (Ole Miss)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ol Spit, even with injuries, still has a better defense than MSU. If the barn puts 31 on them they deserve to be automatically crowned SEC champs with a guaranteed spot in the playoffs. Not happening, not at V-H.
Barn's defense gave up 38 to MSU, and while I don't think Ol Spit will score that many, it's all on Bo as to which Bo shows up.
Bad Bo, barn may win.
Good Bo, Ol Spit 28 barn 20

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Sip,

OM hasn't allowed anyone to score that much on their defense all season long. TAMU scored the most with 20 points, 14 came from garbage time. ironically, it could be 31-10 Ole Miss. ;)
I think Ole Miss may be on a little bit of a downward trend in momentum after losing a game they probably should have won last week.
Auburn is used to the pressure of "must win" much more than Ole Miss.
That's why I like them. Plus Auburn beat LSU 41-17, which is a long way from losing 10-7.
To me, this game is Malzhan versus Freeze and I'll take Malzhan.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Sip,

OM hasn't allowed anyone to score that much on their defense all season long. TAMU scored the most with 20 points, 14 came from garbage time. ironically, it could be 31-10 Ole Miss. ;)
I agree with sip. I think Ole Miss is vastly over-rated and got lucky with all our fumbles and miscues. I think they will lose to Auburn and State.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Bo Wallace was being aggorant in the game last week, just being a hot mess, talking trash and It got to him. I think Auburn players will try and get into his head again. Ole miss does not have the experience to bounce back from a loss. BO was frustrated with the coaches, and coaches were frustrated with Bo... I dont think Bo likes to play within the system... Auburn should handle this.. and their defense got lot better in recent weeks.

I'll be there, cheering for the barners.

*shakes head after re-reading what I just wrote...*

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Another thing: Here's the link for Bo calling for aggressive gameplans against Auburn:
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/bo_wallace_calls_for_ole_miss.html

Specifically, Wallace said he'd like to see the Rebels throw more on early downs. The Rebels were just 5-of-17 on third-down conversions.
"A lot of times when we were throwing the ball it was third down," he said. "It's easy (for the defense) when you know it's coming - 3rd-and-9, 3rd-and-long."

Freeze said that he most likely wouldn't change the gameplans against auburn, because of Ole Miss defense. Something tells me that Bo is going to try and take the game into his hand and it'll backfire against him. He tried to do the earlier this season where he threw 3 or 4 ints... Auburn is going to stick it up Ole Miss butt.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
CA - if you're there cheering for the barn, make sure you know the quickest path to the restroom. I'm predicting partly cloudy with a chance of nausea.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
OM season hit a pothole last Saturday and I agree with the posters who say they have very little experience facing adversity. Auburn on the other hand expects to win and has made some miraculous comebacks, they are better equipped emotionally to survive the ebb and flow of momentum shifts in a big game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think it'll be a lower scoring game than the experts think for two reasons:

1. OM is not a very good offensive team and the Barn is just good enough on defense to slow 'em down.
2. OM is a good defensive team that will bounce back and hold the Barn's scoring down.

I wouldn't be surprised if the winning team scores under 20 points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.