10 hrs walking around NYC as a white man (parody)

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Re: 10 hrs walking around NYC as a white man (pun)

I'm almost afraid to ask what the above video is supposed to suggest. I'm equally afraid of posting my own response to what I think is being suggested.
It's a parody of a "walking around NYC as a woman" video that shows guys gawking and making comments to the woman.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Haha, this was hilarious. Thanks for posting.

I watched the original one this morning. There were some of the guys that went too far..but some were just being polite and telling her to have a nice day. Nothing wrong with a compliment.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I think im going to start going around playing the knockout game with anyone who says the word, "privilege."
I know. Just the other day, I was walking around, minding my own business and some guy walks up to me and shoves a burrito in my hand and hands me a gift card to Starbucks.
I felt terrible about this example of privilege that I went home and wore my hair shirt until it got uncomfortable.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I stole a couple of minutes to look at the computer for pleasure and I didn't catch that it was a parody of the other video, at first. I was thinking that I lived there for quite a while without anything similar happening to me...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I watched the original one this morning. There were some of the guys that went too far..but some were just being polite and telling her to have a nice day. Nothing wrong with a compliment.
I have a niece that lives in Brooklyn that I've discussed this with. She says if it was just every now or then getting a random compliment out of the blue she wouldn't be bothered. It's the constant nature of it that drives her nuts. Everyday, everywhere she goes. And like the girl in this video often the guys go too far and it starts getting a bit scary.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I have a niece that lives in Brooklyn that I've discussed this with. She says if it was just every now or then getting a random compliment out of the blue she wouldn't be bothered. It's the constant nature of it that drives her nuts. Everyday, everywhere she goes. And like the girl in this video often the guys go too far and it starts getting a bit scary.
Too bad NYC has usurped her Constitutional right to be armed so she can protect herself.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Maybe it's my inherent nature to be untrusting of strangers, but I didn't find any of the guys commenting in the original video to be making innocent comments. They ranged from invading someone's privacy to downright scary.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

It's not her fault. She's a victim of everyone who tells her she has to keep her body firmed up; the clothiers who make her wear clothing that's curvy and tight in all the right places; the manufacturers of makeup who force her to paint her face up in a way that most men love; the perfume and cologne manufacturers who make a woman smell so inviting when she wears it; finally, her mother who taught her to walk in such a way as to physically attract men. Most of all, it's society in general who tell her she should be able to put all these things together in and on her body and sashay down the street around and in front of men and not expect any of them to make remarks or advances toward her.
Yep, it's a vast conspiracy on behalf of everyone else, and she's just a victim.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It's not her fault. She's a victim of everyone who tells her she has to keep her body firmed up; the clothiers who make her wear clothing that's curvy and tight in all the right places; the manufacturers of makeup who force her to paint her face up in a way that most men love; the perfume and cologne manufacturers who make a woman smell so inviting when she wears it; finally, her mother who taught her to walk in such a way as to physically attract men. Most of all, it's society in general who tell her she should be able to put all these things together in and on her body and sashay down the street around and in front of men and not expect any of them to make remarks or advances toward her.
Yep, it's a vast conspiracy on behalf of everyone else, and she's just a victim.
So, if she's dressed that way, it justifies abusive remarks? I've heard that as a justification for rape but never for public verbal abuse...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

she's a nun, did I forget to mention that?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

she's a nun, did I forget to mention that?
Last time I was in New York, I was waiting to cross the street at the St. Patrick's Day parade, and happened to be standing with a group of nuns.
One of them had a humongous grill full of jeweled gold teeth.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Last time I was in New York, I was waiting to cross the street at the St. Patrick's Day parade, and happened to be standing with a group of nuns.
One of them had a humongous grill full of jeweled gold teeth.
Family money. Not all orders take a vow of poverty and their living expenses are low. It's not an equal plane for all nuns...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.