Voter records machine switching vote to democratic choice

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
But I look at that all both ways. In all seriousness - who are WE to go tell an Arab country how to treat their women (just for example)? We talk about the expansion of "human rights," but whoever decided these were "rights" and needed to be expanded?

I've always viewed "rights" for the most part as symbolic myths. The "right" you have today may or may not exist tomorrow. I've always thought one of the most amusing things is to listen to the SCOTUS nomination fights. The right argues so-called strict constructionism (e.g. original intent) which gets amusing regarding issues that didn't exist in the 18th century; the left screams hysterical about "respecting precedent," but they only apply that to one case, Roe v Wade. (If we actually respected precedent, we'd still have slaves and separate but equal schools to name just two things that were changed later).

As far as slavery......well, most other societies were built in large part on slavery although it was a bit different situation; a lot of the "slavery" referenced in the Bible was during agrarian times and was more of an employment arrangement than anything else (so to even apply it to the USA in the 19th century was somewhat misguided).
Well, any "employment arrangement" you can't walk away from is technically slavery. There's no real difference between indentured servitude, which many of our ancestors here in the South immigrated under and slavery. The only distinction was that it was supposed to have a term. However, there were all sorts of tricks to extend the length of servitude, so many just got fed up and walked off the job, then headed south...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, any "employment arrangement" you can't walk away from is technically slavery. There's no real difference between indentured servitude, which many of our ancestors here in the South immigrated under and slavery. The only distinction was that it was supposed to have a term. However, there were all sorts of tricks to extend the length of servitude, so many just got fed up and walked off the job, then headed south...
Oh agreed but really didn't want to be exhaustive.

And now as far as voting machines - it's Obama's fault!!

Bed time....

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
If it was done on purpose its more likely some local hacks rather than the billionaires.
Your right to believe that. Do you really think this is not a coordinated effort?

Several years ago, ACORN had a project (probably funded with our taxes) to elect AGs, in as many states as possible. When one of them (MN AG) sees nothing wrong with the unfunny comedian receiving more votes than number of registered voters, try to convince us it is just some local party hacks who are involved.

As a side note, ever notice how often schmucks like Karl Rove are wrong, in predicting elections? Might be a result of them being idiots. Could also be the result of the dems knowing how many votes they need to find, in elections they should lose.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Your right to believe that. Do you really think this is not a coordinated effort?

Several years ago, ACORN had a project (probably funded with our taxes) to elect AGs, in as many states as possible. When one of them (MN AG) sees nothing wrong with the unfunny comedian receiving more votes than number of registered voters, try to convince us it is just some local party hacks who are involved.

As a side note, ever notice how often schmucks like Karl Rove are wrong, in predicting elections? Might be a result of them being idiots. Could also be the result of the dems knowing how many votes they need to find, in elections they should lose.
It could be, I dont know. I just think that the billionaires are smart enough to not get involves in something illegal like this.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The part I've never understood is why anyone tries to argue we have "God given rights."

And I say that as an evangelical.

It SOUNDS good, yeah. But is it true? The Scriptures don't really go into "rights" so much as they go into "responsibilities" we have towards one another. Assuming my position for just a moment - God didn't give suggestions and he didn't say "these are your rights;" He said, "don't do this, do that."

That has bothered me since I was a kid, which is why you don't see me here arguing for rights from the Bible perspective. I may be wrong, I'm just saying.
Just going from the DoI, "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights" means...what? It's not a leap to translate that to "God-given rights".
This is from the Founding Fathers, and I am assuming that strict constitutionalists agree with this. If not, then someone who IS a strict constitutionalist please enlighten me, so I'm not living in the dark anymore.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I only want serious discussions on voter machine issues.
A voting machine is nothing more than a computer run electromechanical device. The most important part, of course, is that the hardware portion is controlled by the computer. Computers do malfunction, of course. But I've never in my life seen multiple computers in the same location all fail in the exact same way at the exact same time. To do that they have to all be programmed to perform the exact same function either at the same time or under a given set of circumstances.
In a nutshell, if multiple computers at any given location all changed Republican votes to Democratic votes it is because they were all programmed to do it. There is no other feasible explanation for it happening.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Just going from the DoI, "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights" means...what? It's not a leap to translate that to "God-given rights".
This is from the Founding Fathers, and I am assuming that strict constitutionalists agree with this. If not, then someone who IS a strict constitutionalist please enlighten me, so I'm not living in the dark anymore.
Not my home state, but I'll take strab at it.
I would interpret this as asserting that gun owner' rights come from nature/the Almighty/someone other than government, and that government, whether it be Federal or state, cannot therefore take those rights away, without having a compelling reason for doing so..
A couple of problems with this.
1. The only thing a Federal judge holds in greater contempt than the Constitution of the United States is a state constitution, so the "treaty" provision will not even function as a speed bump is the US adopts some anti-gun treaty in the future. If the US adopts such a treaty, a Federal judge will simply say, "supremacy clause, people of Alabama, take your butt whooping and like it."
2. While it seems that this amendment would bolster gun owners' rights, it seems to me that this enhances a county sheriff's power to deny a person a permit. Once you put this into the hands of a judge to interpret, then "up" can mean "down" and "left" can be interpreted as "right."

If I was voting in Alabama, I'd vote no.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
As for the opening post, I spoke with a Maryland voter yesterday (lives in the "southern" portion of the state in southeastern Maryland) and the same thing happened to her. her Republican vote got changed by the machine to a Democrat vote and she complained. After she complained, they voided her vote and she re-voted, and it worked correctly the second time. Her advice, you have to check.

Personally, I believe paper ballots with boxes next to candidates' names is the way to go. Voting machines are simply invitations to fraud and I am convinced Democrats gain enormously by the fraud.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
As for the opening post, I spoke with a Maryland voter yesterday (lives in the "southern" portion of the state in southeastern Maryland) and the same thing happened to her. her Republican vote got changed by the machine to a Democrat vote and she complained. After she complained, they voided her vote and she re-voted, and it worked correctly the second time. Her advice, you have to check.

Personally, I believe paper ballots with boxes next to candidates' names is the way to go. Voting machines are simply invitations to fraud and I am convinced Democrats gain enormously by the fraud.
George Soros approves of this message.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
A voting machine is nothing more than a computer run electromechanical device. The most important part, of course, is that the hardware portion is controlled by the computer. Computers do malfunction, of course. But I've never in my life seen multiple computers in the same location all fail in the exact same way at the exact same time. To do that they have to all be programmed to perform the exact same function either at the same time or under a given set of circumstances.
In a nutshell, if multiple computers at any given location all changed Republican votes to Democratic votes it is because they were all programmed to do it. There is no other feasible explanation for it happening.
Or all the readers read high and Democrat candidates always appear on top out of sheer laziness.

Randomizing the order of names, and giving an opportunity to confirm one's vote is a simple enough solution to actual calibration errors.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
On a side note, I believe it is illegal to record yourself voting.
I remember in 2000 there was this absolutely moronic voter in Florida who wanted to vote for Gore, but was not sure if she had voted for Buchanan. Before of the privacy of the ballot box, she thought she was not allowed to get help in making sure she had voted for the candidate she wanted to vote for, and she was blubbering outside the polling place about the issue.
My thoughts were:
First, privacy of the ballot is to protect you from pressure from parties, bosses, neighbors, etc. It is not intended to prevent you from seeking help if you need it to ensure your ballot is properly cast.
Second, if you are so stupid you cannot tell whether you are voting for Al Gore or Pat Buchanan, please stay out of the voting booth.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
A new study by two Old Dominion University professors, based on survey data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study, found that 6.4% of all noncitizens voted illegally in the 2008 presidential election, and 2.2% voted in the 2010 midterms.
Want to know why I hate the so-called "Justice Department" and want to see it publicly strangled to death (financially)?
South Carolina’s voter ID law will be in place in the November election, but it cost the state $3.5 million in 2012 to beat Eric Holder’s Justice Department in court.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
instead of fighting voter id, why dont they just put a program in place to provide the poor with free assistance to get a voter id? i think we all know the answer.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
instead of fighting voter id, why dont they just put a program in place to provide the poor with free assistance to get a voter id? i think we all know the answer.
They already do that here.
I had this discussion with my father (an Obama Democrat who does not care if American collapses into a festering cesspool after he dies) says he did not know you can get a free photo ID from the Division of Motor Vehicles and therefore requiring a photo ID is racist.
I told him anyone that stupid has no business in a voting booth.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.